cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any conflict with Pro Add on and FTTC special profiles?

Cathotel
Grafter

Is there any conflict with Pro Add on and FTTC special profiles?

Does anyone know if there is any conflict with me upgrading to the Pro Add On on my Extra Fibre product whilst the 'Missing Mbit's' thread is being finalised?
I only ask as in the last week my PN profile was changed from the original 37 M to the '20M special' and as a result of another issue has been changed to 40 M?
I don't want to confuse issues that's all and if it's best to wait then I'm happy to do so.
Thanks,
Pete
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Is there any conflict with Pro Add on and FTTC special profiles?

It's up to yourself really, It certainly shouldn't cause any issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Cathotel
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
It was only first line support set it to 40M when I raised the speedtester issue and the max I get now is 34-35M whereas I did see the odd 37M after you changed it to the 20M setting.
Would it be in order to have it put back to the 20M first and let me see it run for a week on that profile before I upgrade?
Cheers,
Pete
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I din't think there'd be any point TBH, we'd prefer to use the 40mb one at present.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Surely there is a point if the 20Mb profile gives full speed and the 40Mb one doesn't! I saw the original reference to a 40Mb profile and wondered what that would do. I thought maybe 20Mb was a "special" value, hangover from ADSL2, that gave full speed. Please don't change mine because it works!
Cathotel
Grafter

Ok Adam, cheers..
A Meg or two isn't really bothering me TBH.  The TM has more impact, so Pro Add-On will improve that I guess.. Smiley
If I use 10Gb of my 120M/month I'm doing well - just be nice to get what I want when I want it at the fastest it'll go Smiley After all I have no idea what why BT profile is at the moment  Smiley  Cheesy
KevinG - reckon I'll get sent to the naughty mat for that Smiley
Pete
WWWombat
Grafter

If you are only using 10GB of your allowance *and* want to use the Pro add-on to remove the effects of TM, wouldn't you be better off swapping from Extra-Fibre down to Value-fibre?
As far as I can see, the only downsides of Value-fibre are the lower allowance, the slower TM speeds, and the lack of static IP. If you don't mind the latter, you don't use the allowance, and you use Pro to overcome the TM speeds, you'd be getting a cheaper package.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Cathotel
Grafter

Hi WWWombat,
I take you point, but I say normally I only use about 10Gb, but the Market 3 area I'm in it's still a very good deal that I'm on.  The static IP is also used to remotely access the USB storage on my Netgear WNR2200, so the 'standby' free usage is one less thing to worry about when the 'rabble' descend every couple of months Smiley
Did I mention my better half has just discovered Netflix is here in UK !
Cheers,
Pete
StuartUK35
Grafter

Does static IP come as standard with the Fibre Extra ?
I'm on Fibre Value with 'PRO' to make it real fibre, but as below also, the wife is now watching more HD stuff on iplayer via the PS3 so she takes up 33% of my 40GB !  Static IP sounds ideal though Smiley
and i guess £26.49pm for broadband aint a bad deal Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: StuartUK35
Does static IP come as standard with the Fibre Extra ?

No, but it's just a one-off £5 fee. You can activate that by going to the add-on section in your member centre.
Jojo Smiley
WWWombat
Grafter

Static IP is available with the Extra packages, but doesn't come as standard. I think you have to choose it as an Add-On, and there is a one-off £5 charge for it.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.