cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a "Middle Ground" price range on Broadband only?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Is there a "Middle Ground" price range on Broadband only?

Just been having a look at my  Broadband usage over the last three months, and find it is just under 20Gb.... I am on PlusNet Extra, which is £11.49 for 60gb, therefore, I am paying for about 40gb that I never (hardly) ever get to use....
So I was wondering.... startup is £6.40 fro 10 Gb....... then the next bracket is £11.49 for 60GB..... why can`t we have a "middle ground" bracket, say. £8.50 for 30Gb ?
Its a bit like sliced bread in a supermarket.... we all need bread....but get very little choice, when they supply Medium and Thick Toastie only ........
I am sure there would be a lot of people interested in a "middle ground" price bracket....... ( just an ordinary thick sliced loaf ! ! ! ).....  Roll_eyes
and what a wonderful advertising opportunity........ "Now, PLUSNET, gives you MORE CHOICE...in how much you pay for your broadband....." Smiley
25 REPLIES 25
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Is there a "Middle Ground" price range on Broadband only?

your about the 100th person to ask this year.  the answer is no, but they normally do a review in April
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

well, it`s about time they did something, then ... roll on April.... and lets get something fixed up  Wink
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I agree, shutter.
Fortunately I migrated to PN in July '08, when the choice was a bit like "pic 'n' mix" with the various flavours of 'Broadband Your Way', plus IIRC Pro, and maybe another one.
If starting from scratch today, with my usage pattern, I'd probably go elsewhere.  Sad
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm in a similar situation shutter, 60gig available , average 20 gig usage.
We're paying for the people on 10GB Value who use up to their limit.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and so you should be  Grin Grin
although I will have a bad day tomorrow and Wednesday
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I need more allowance!!!  Lips_are_sealed Lips_are_sealed Lips_are_sealed

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Estragon
Rising Star

Is there any other non-LLU ISP that offers 20GB for £11.49 or less?  Tongue
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Oldjim
and so you should be  Grin Grin
although I will have a bad day tomorrow and Wednesday

I don't begrudge you a few megabytes and if I could donate some of mine to tide you over......... Cheesy
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I can understand no-one wants to pay more than they need, but on the other hand remember there are customers on Market 1 exchange who pay £11.99 for 10GB so £11.49 for 60GB to them is an absolute bargain!!!
Estragon
Rising Star

I don't think there are any other ISPs giving even 10GB for £11.99 either, never mind the 60GB I thought before. There aren't even any cheap LLU possibilities on those exchanges so PN is a great deal.
If they did bring in products between 10GB and 60GB the price of 60GB would have to go up. Then they might not be able to claim to be the cheapest for comparable packages.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

My bad  Embarrassed  - now edited
Estragon
Rising Star

And mine LOL.
Galaxy
Grafter

Quote from: 4C

If starting from scratch today, with my usage pattern, I'd probably go elsewhere.   Sad

Same here, I am on one of the old products - Broadband Premier Option 1 which I was put on after joining PlusNet in 2004 from BT onto the old Home 500 product at 21.99 a month. I get 13gb unrestricted between 4pm and Midnight, (and then the rest restricted upto 20gb between those times), but outside those hours unrestricted, and I've been upto 120gb a month and never found any limit!
I also pay line rental to BT at something crazy like £17 a month.
I'd like to go over to someting along the lines of the £11.49 (plus 9.95 line rental) product, but there's not an option for more bandwidth, such as 100gb which I could easily fit into now. After 8 years I dont want to move elsewhere as the Customer Service here is excellent.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: 4C
I agree, shutter.
Fortunately I migrated to PN in July '08, when the choice was a bit like "pic 'n' mix" with the various flavours of 'Broadband Your Way', plus IIRC Pro, and maybe another one.
If starting from scratch today, with my usage pattern, I'd probably go elsewhere.   Sad

BBYW is more expensive than current products if you're in market 2 or 3.