cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a quick way to contact plusnet?

Frustratedpaul

Is there a quick way to contact plusnet?

I've been a customer for many years and haven't had needed to contact Plusnet so have been happy.

Last summer my speed dropped from 8-9 meg to about 4 and I opened a question.  Since then the speed has dropped to under 1 meg, then risen to around 5m, A BT visit has confirmed that there're no issues at my end but still it's not back to the speed I used to get.  My issue is that every 2 weeks Plusnet close my question despite it NOT BEING FIXED.

Is there a way to contact them and re-open the question?  Or a way to fix a question open till it's actually fixed?  No e-mail address?  'live' chat with an hour wait?  I'm here with a phone that hasn't been answered for over an hour.  For a company that claims good customer service this is a bit rubbish.

All I want is the service I used to get!  Can anyone recommend an ISP that I can change to and actually communicate with?  (probably the wrong forum but it doesn't hurt to ask.....)

9 REPLIES 9
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Is there a quick way to contact plusnet?

Frustratedpaul wrote: (snipped) I'm here with a phone that hasn't been answered for over an hour.

I'm sorry to tell you that you're wasting your time regarding the phone. If you called 0800 432 0200, then they're open from 7:30am to 10:00pm.

I also had the same thing happen to me when I was on the phone (though not to Plusnet).

If you called just before 10pm, then it takes your call but if the office/call centre closes you stay on hold.

Any business that shuts for the evening should really notify the caller that the office is closing whilst on hold.

Also, even if you got through, from experience the call handler may well stay on the call (doing free overtime) and the system cuts the call automatically - again from another experience of mine it occurred exactly 6 mins after it was closed. In this case the guy used his own mobile phone to call me back.

I really do understand your frustration.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @Frustratedpaul

I am sorry to hear you are having speed issues and difficulty in contacting us. I have tested your broadband and I'm not finding an issue.

Downstream Link Info

Loop Loss SNR Margin Errored Seconds Hec Errors Cell Count Speed
43 6.8 3 N/A 123755 8691

Your connection is also pretty stable:

Are you connecting using a wired or wireless?

If you're wired, can you run the BT wholesale speed tester at www.speedtest.btwholesale.com making sure to complete the further diagnostics?

Our faults team will then be able to investigate this once they pick up your ticket you have raised.

@DS wrote:

If you called just before 10pm, then it takes your call but if the office/call centre closes you stay on hold.

Any business that shuts for the evening should really notify the caller that the office is closing whilst on hold.

Just to confirm, if you enter the queue before 10pm your call should be answered as I believe our 24/7 Business Team will pick up the calls.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
DS
Seasoned Champion

Anoush wrote: (snipped and bold highlighted for the purpose of this response)

@DS wrote:

Just to confirm, if you enter the queue before 10pm your call should be answered as I believe our 24/7 Business Team will pick up the calls.

I can see "should" has been written in the above post, but to me this means that if they saw the OP's call in the queue then they are either extremely busy taking business users calls from 10pm last night (to say 11pm) or they elected to ignore a non business account - the OP did post this at 10:49pm which means they were waiting for at least 50 mins!!!.

I hope they were busy....?

This is certainly a not a have a go at Anoush post and should not be read that way.

(maybe a message on the contact us by phone pages should highlight that residential calls should be answered 24/7)

But thanks Anoush for posting  - you are one of a few that I've witnessed posting on either your day off or indeed late at night Smiley

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Residential are NOT answered 24/7 - that's not what @Anoush said.

Only calls that are made before 22:00 and not answered by the residential team will be answered by the business team.

Calls to the residential support number initiated after 22:00 are not answered.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DS
Seasoned Champion

Yes, you are correct and can only apologise to Anoush and other readers for how I wrote the above. I most certainly did not mean to mislead anybody or to cause distress.

I suppose I should have written that maybe a message on the contact us by phone pages should highlight that residential calls that made prior to 10pm should be answered by the Plusnet Business Team

In light of this I feel it's best if I lay low for a while.

I am truly sorry

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problem at all @DS

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Frustratedpaul

I'll clarify: the call was made at around 21:40, the message said the queue was 45 minutes, I assumed at 22:00 it's either be cut off or the remaining calls in the queue would be answered.  at around 22:45 I gave up and hung up.  The way I see it is that for a company that claims good customer service this is a poor show.  If the business team should have an answered that's great, but 45 minutes after ten they hadn't....

Frustratedpaul

Thanks for looking at the line.  I've noot seen a connection that quick in months!  We've had a BT guy here and he could see the potential for that kind of speed but could only get around 5 meg.  The problems appear to be intermittent, I see you got SNR of 6.8, apparently, when monitored by a plusenet engineer it varied between 2 and 12 db in the space of an hour.

My main computer is hardwired to the router and that's in the master socket.  The connections this side of the socket have all been tested (by BT) and found to be ok yet I normally only see 4-5 meg.  BT wholesale currently tell me it's 4.8.  Last year it was consistently over 8meg.  

Daft questions but; do speeds sometimes get worse generally?  Does an exchange run out of capacity?  Would fibre fix my issues?  I didn't go with fibre last year as the jump from 8-9 to 13 meg wasn't worth the money.  I'm loath to pay more to get back what I used to have though.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I can only speak for myself, but in 2009 the BT speed checker said I chould expect 9-11 Mbps although I only got about 8.25 Mbps maximum.  This has steadily gone down to an estimate of 6-8 Mbps of which I get just over 7 Mbps maximum.  So yes, my speed has gone down over time.