Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there Netgear WRN1000 fibre routers available

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Is there Netgear WRN1000 fibre routers available

Hi everyone,
my netgear connection keeps dropping and very frustrating. I have tried all the steps to fix and still no hope!  Angry
Do you plusnet have any intention of supplying me a new one or a refurbished one if possible as the new technicolour isn't suitable for my requirements which is wireless repeating function. It would be so grateful for anyone who is reading this if they have a spare NR1000 router that was either supplied by plusnet fibre or any router with the cable connection (WAN)
thanks for your time
Geordiegal.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Is there Netgear WRN1000 fibre routers available

We don't stock those any more I'm afraid as we now ship the Technicolor TG582n for both ADSL and fibre customers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

cyberpenguin

Hello 1st post Wink
Not being funny but a 10/100 switch on the back of the router will have a average throughput of about 12mbps and the wireless is rated about 45mbps.
If you have an 80mb line there is a chance ( yes i know its slim) that the router will be the limiting factor.
Seems a bit short sighted seeing as BT are talking about 300mbps fibre by the end of 2013...
Just my 2 pence worth 😛 . Official router stats below....
 Home networking experience will definitely change with the Technicolor TG582n. With an improved coverage and throughput compared to any 11b/g or 1x1 11n access point (from 54 to 65 Mbps), the Technicolor TG582n doubles the bandwidth and improves the link stability, coverage and coexistence with other access points in the neighbourhood.The Technicolor TG582n is a high performant router: with a simultaneous operation of 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n 2x2, speed, security and performance are guaranteed. Featuring an integrated 10/100Mbps 4-port switch, the Technicolor TG582n offers seamless connection of wired and wireless devices from anywhere in the home.