cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Service down in Wakefield Again ?

jasonbowness
Dabbler

Is the Service down in Wakefield Again ?

I came to plus net from virginmedia ADSl which was poor. I was so impressed with the speeds when I came to plus net and was happy. However over the past few weeks my service has been turning off. It's a problem a very big problem, I'm a service manager in the I.T. industry and I work away from home a lot, I NEED my internet to work constantly. I have 4 reptile Vivs which are controlled by the main server in my house along with my security cameras. I HAVE to be able to login to my server several times a day.
Yet again I have just tried login in to my server and I can’t log in because apparently my net connection is down again. I now have to jump on my motor bike and travel from Peterborough back to Wakefield to check and make sure my reptiles and my house is ok, then travel back down to Peterborough in the morning and be here for 9 am.
When will ISP’s realize that some people have to have a constant connection?
In the mean time is anybody experiencing issues with their service in Wakefield ?
Embarrassed
1 REPLY 1
jasonbowness
Dabbler

Re: Is the Service down in Wakefield Again ?

Well arrived home to no net. Rebooted the router and back on line. PLUSnet do you know that some ISP's supply routers that don't have to be rebooted every few days !
I was with virgin media DSL for 9 years, the last 7 of which I had no problems, what I'm saying is that I was connected to the net for 7 years constantly with virgin media, you can't manage 7 days. Only reason I'm with you is because virgin media don't supply a dsl connection in this area, only adsl which is too slow.
Not lucking forward to gettting up at 6am to go back down south and explaining to my GM that the hotel room they have paid for hasn't been used.
Thanks PN Merry Christmas !