cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is profile speed reset linked to SNR reset.

drneil

Is profile speed reset linked to SNR reset.

I've had a engineer visit me this morning after reporting a fault.  Months of reliable 4Mbs connection speeds had dropped to 1Mbs for the last month, making my lovely internet TV useless. I had previous fault ticket raised about a month ago coincidently for my telephone line which turned out to be a problem at the exchange with the "battery" which result in crosstalk.
He introduced me to speedchecker.bt.com and we instantly noticed my profile was at 1Mbs. After he carried out all his tests which indicated a sync speed to 5.3Mbs,max rate of 8Mbs and no faults anywhere on the line he carried out a profile speed reset.
However my profile is still at 1Mbs however my router is now reporting 5.9dB (SNR) and a sync speed of 7Mbs. Which is great but I'm still stuck at 1Mbs.
Are the two linked? Also is there any way of checking the last profile timestamp?

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Is profile speed reset linked to SNR reset.

Hi there,
An IP profile can update as the result of an SNR reset, however profiles can update via DLM (dynamic line management)
Profile updates are time stamped (we can see this on diagnostic tests) your's last updated at 11:54AM yesterday at 3000kbps
I'm noticing your line has a sync speed of 3616kbps at the moment, have you altered anything in your set up after the engineer visit?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
drneil

Thanks Adam
I had swapped routers since the visit as I still had my old one plugged in to check the router wasn't causing the problem before I raised the ticket, sync speed is now reporting 7300Kbs. Profile is now showing 3000Kbs, not sure why it wasn't displaying that last night as the timestamp you gave was around the same time as the engineers visit.
I know the SNR was very high before the visit. I asked the original question as the SNR reset was immediately visible but not the profile change, which was still giving me poor performance. Huge improvement now though:)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi drneil,
Your BT profile is now 6000 so I have raised our profile to 6000 to match. This should take effect shortly.
Jojo Smiley
drneil

I checked my BT profile this morning and noticed it increased to 6000KBs and Noise margin is sitting steady at 8.1dB with a sync rate of 7300KBs.
Massive improvement and very happy, now to catch up with the programmes on iplayer. Thanks Plusnet and particularly Jo and Adam.
Cheers
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm glad to see that helped Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team