cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my connection banded?

lenseman
Grafter

Is my connection banded?

For the last twelve days my sync speed as been a rock steady 4540 kbps with not even a slight fluctuation, prior to this it dropped to sub dial up speeds. Before the drop it was around 5500>6000kbps which is the speed I was getting before ADSL2+.
Is my connection banded and if so can it be sorted out pdq.
John B.
28 REPLIES 28
James
Grafter

Re: Is my connection banded?

John,
WBC 2M - 4M Medium delay (INP 4) 6dB Downstream, UC Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

It's on a 2-4Mbps banded profile.  If your connection is stable it should be removed after 3 days.
lenseman
Grafter

Hi James,
That's what I understood but its been like this for Twelve days! I leave everything alone until it is over the three day period and then re-boot and it still syncs at a pathetic 4540kbps
Its a shame you haven't got a 'Shiny new button' to sort out stuck banding!
In all honesty I am beginning to believe that ADSL2+ / 21cn is a big con and it is actually BT's way of throttling an overloaded system. The efficiency of the propaganda seems to work better than the actual product.
John B.
James
Grafter

We've been talking with BT about the possibility of removing banding easily.  We've suggested a shiny new button.
I strongly suspect that as WBC/WBMC goes more mainstream they will be under increased pressure to implement such a thing (especially to avoid the likes of AAISP moving to LLU), so hopefully we'll see some developments in the not too distant future.
lenseman
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
so hopefully we'll see some developments in the not too distant future.

If its to distant I will be long gone!
John B.
ctech500
Grafter

Hi James
I raised a ticket No  30110189  about banding yesterday morning.
Could you check for me pls in you get a chance
Lloyd
James
Grafter

WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 12dB Downstream, UC Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

Not banded!
stallan
Grafter

Jameseh - Can you have a look at 29081768 please
James
Grafter

WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 12dB Downstream, UC Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

Also no banded profile.
stallan
Grafter

any idea as to the problems detailed in the ticket ?
James
Grafter

There's really not a lot to say on the ticket.  You seem to be syncing at 14Mbps with a 12Mbps profile.
The fact that the availability checker has changed doesn't really mean anything at all if that's what you're saying?  Or are you complaining that your profile is a bit lower than it was?
stallan
Grafter

I was Syncing at 14 with a profile of 12. But now I'm syncing at 9 with a profile of 8. No idea why, I've been away on business for a few days and came back to find this.
Any more info I can give ?
lenseman
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
John,
WBC 2M - 4M Medium delay (INP 4) 6dB Downstream, UC Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

It's on a 2-4Mbps banded profile.  If your connection is stable it should be removed after 3 days.

Day thirteen and still banded!
John B.
grahamt
Rising Star

It seems to be quite normal for banding to remain for much longer than three days, however stable your line is. Maybe you can get released after three days the first time you get banded, and then the interval increases thereafter. My router currently has an uninterrupted uptime of about 120 hours, or five days (the only reason for the last resync was my curiosity to see if anything would change) and my present banding has been in place since Sept 11th.
I'm interested to see that there's a 2-4mb/s band, though. I've not come across that before. I thought it went 1-3, 3-6, etc. James - I take it that there's no way you can request that a specific band be applied, is there? I reckon my own line might be reasonably stable in a 2-4mb/s band, but every time I've been unbanded (which usually means I sync at around 5mb/s+ for a short while) I get whacked back down to the 1-3mb/s band.
Graham
scootie
Grafter

ive remained synced for 2 weeks on my fastpath line which i thought was longer enough for the DLM to pull its finger out but it wasnt.
my line never resyncs on its own and at most i do a resync once a week yet the DLM seems to think 500 errored seconds in a 24hour period is to much and keeps the banding in place. lost count how long ive had banding for now but iam counting months not weeks