Did you mean: 

Is my broadband speed slow?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Is my broadband speed slow?

You should consider switching to Value - 10GB included
http://www.plus.net/
* Plusnet Value: If you live in a low cost area  it costs £6.49 a month. If you live outside one of these areas it costs £6.49 a month for the first three months, then £12.99 a month.
clairesdog
Grafter

Thank you so much for all your help...I shall look into switching...it's seems a more cost effective option for us..do I raise a ticket for that?
I'll have to see if I can find a router to borrow and see if that helps too...would I need a different dongle or can I still use the one I have ..it's a netgear WPN111, I think it was bundled with the router.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

clairesdog
Grafter

Thank you have just upgraded to value.
I was paying £9.99 a month on broadband my way option 1 with 2GB, then paying extra each month to take me to 5GB.
This way it will cost me (after my 3 months) £12.99 a month for 10GB...so it will be roughly the same cost for double the amount!
Still don't understand the 205 hours uptime when I'd unplugged the router.... so maybe a new router is on the cards...but I'll wait and see!
clairesdog
Grafter

Twice now I have got a windows error message telling me that there is a conflict..2 computers are registered on the network with the same ip address, and when I hover over my internet icon on my taskbar, it shows currently connected to: and there are now 3 netgear connections... If I disconnect from them all and reconnect it comes back with just my original one... Does this mean there is someone else using my connection, or I have a duff router or dongle... my wireless settings are WPA2 .. I changed them yesterday.  Could this be in anyway connceted to my earlier problems?