Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my PN Profile going down and down?

alex7127
Grafter

Is my PN Profile going down and down?

Hi
I am confused..........
I have been synced at 1.920Mbps for nearly two days now and BT speedtester has  profiled  my DL speed at 1.69Mduringring this time (and still does)
Yesterday I was getting in the region of 1.45 - 1.46Mbps as a DL speed....today I am getting 1.35 - 1.36Mbps???
I have looked at my router stats and it confirms my 'DSL connection' is at just over 1 day 18+ hours.....BUT Internet connection is only showing just over 6 hours.
My SNRM has been constant over the past two days....hanging around the 6-7 mark.
I get the feeling that the PN 'systems' are  reconnecting me with ever decreasing DL speeds. I am not losing my DSL connections (apart from when I reboot my rouappears...it apears to be my 'internet' connection that disconnects and reconnects.
This keeps happening over the past few weeks......ever since my exchange was upgraded to ADSL2+. (I am on ADSL1 emulated settings due to a near 6000m circuit length).
So if my DSL connection is good and does not drop on it's own why does the PN end keep reconnecting?
BT profile me currently at 1.69Mbps (88.2% of 1.92Mbps).......what has PN got me profiled at, at the moment?
Anyone from PN able to help?......please?  Smiley
KR's Alex Crazy
PS Have attached latest router stat and BT Speedtester captures
16 REPLIES 16
alex7127
Grafter

Re: Is my PN Profile going down and down?

Hi
Do I need to raise a fault ticket over this or is there a simple explainable reason/reasons?

KR's
Alex Crazy
houlton23
Grafter

Quote from: alex7127
what has PN got me profiled at, at the moment?

You can view your PN Profile here by looking at the bit under 'Current Line Speed'
Alex
alex7127
Grafter

I am a MAAF customer......unfortunately I am precluded from this part of the PN site  Sad
Thanks anyway......
KR's
Alex
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi alex7127,
I can see that your speeds have changed recently when re-syncing. There has been a disconnection since the time you state of being connected for 1 day 18+ hours.
I'd suggest connecting into your <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtml#whatsTest">test socket</a> so we can see how it performs there.
You have had very few disconnections but a few more than normal in the past couple of days.
Once your in the test socket we can make sure nothing else is interfering with your line.
Let me know how you get on and I'll check your line again.
Chris
alex7127
Grafter

Chris
Thanks for replying.
I am in already in the test socket and have had the following work done on my line/connection under a historic MAAF faults ticket (54618188) a few months back (before the recent exchange upgraded to ADSL2+):

This is what BT  have done to date:
* D side changed onto best possible pair (that's the pair going from your socket up to the cabinet)
* Multiple E side pairs tried Changed onto best possible E side (pair going from cab to exchange)
* Placed onto shorter mapping (shortened line by 20m)
* Port Reset and flex at exchange (This isn't an SNR reset as what people think. This is more improving things on BT's end)
* Placed onto new routing
* Checked joints and re terminated from cabinet to exchange.
* RF3 fitted and filtered faceplate (as seen at your home)
* Mapping restrictions used
* New BT socket
* New router incl filters
* Lead in checked re terminated andand balanced
* New Technicolor Router installed
Before all this work was done I had really bad problems with disconnects and slow speeds etc.
When I check my Router  (Technicolor) Stats  I get a time figure for DSL CONNECTION and a figure for INTERNET, both measured in days, hours mins etc. As I said in my previous message The DSL figure was (at the time)  1 day 18+ hours and the INTERNET figure at just over 6 hours. What is the difference between these two figures? Is one figure for my my connection to the exchange and the other my connection at your end (PN)?
It seems that my connection to the exchange is 'finreportedT Speedtester  has reprted that I am STILL synced at 1.92Mbps with a profile of 1.69Mbps. Is it the PN end where the problem lies?
Have just checked my SNRM and I am still bouncing along the 7db line +/- 1.
Why has my PN profile not caught up yet?
Help!
KR's
Alex
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I did have a look through the history of your fault prior to posting. There is something causing the speed to fluctuate which we need to look into. I'll adjust your speed profile to match in the morning when I'm in the office and then take it from there.
alex7127
Grafter

Hi Chris
Just seen your message from last night.
At about 9.30am I have had yet another forced resync (you can probably see). I have now synced even higher at 1.952Mbps with a BT profile of 1.72Mbps!!!! There is clearly no problem with my line to the exchange?....... as I have now synced higher than before the resync (Correct me, but I thought if there was circuit 'issues' you would resync at a lower speed to obtain a more stable line?)
This time both my 'DSL CONNECTION' and 'INTERNET' are showing the same up-time. I presume this was a resync between me and the  exchange?
Just done a JD's speedtest and  I am still in the 1.35Mbps area.
What do you think?
KR's
Alex Crazy
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Alex,
I checked your line this morning and adjusted your speed profile.
We get a delta report and this gives us the information needed to update your profile whenever your connection from the exchange is established and then it normally takes around 12 hours for our profile to update.
I'd suggest disconnecting your internet session by logging into your router and pressing disconnect, then power down your router and leave for a few minutes. Then power back on and log into your router and then click connect. I can then check your delta report that comes through to us.
Your disconnections have been very infrequent and at the moment I wouldn't think they are a cause for concern, it would normally be the case that you lose the signal from the exchange and this will then disconnect your Plusnet connection. I will monitor this for you.
Let me know if you have done this and I will have a further look to see what is happening.
Chris
alex7127
Grafter

Chris,
Done exactly as you said and now am synced even HIGHER at 1.984Mbps!!!  BT Speedtester is now profiling me at 1.75Mbps.
What does the Delta report concur?
KR's
Alex
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The delta report gives us all the information of your line, your download and upload sync speed, whether interleaving is on/off. The product you are on, noise margins. Everything to do with your connection really.
alex7127
Grafter

Thanks Chris
BT profile and PN must match now as I am getting the BT profiled speed.......for now Grin
Have had RSL running all day watching my SNRM and it has been quite happy bouncing along the 6 line  area.....but saying that it has dipped down to 5.5 ish between about 11pm to mdt.......and the line got a bit more erratic!.....has now climbed back up to the 6 area now.
I hope I don't have another resync overnight!
KR's
Alex Crazy
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Alex,
I can see that you have had a stable connection overnight. I hope all is OK.
Let me know if there's anything else.
Chris
alex7127
Grafter

Hey Chris,
I hope so!
If I get further resyncs and BT give me the same profile or higher...as this seems to be what happens what should I do?  I ask as it seems that every time I get resynced this is what happens....... the PN profile goes way down and does not appear to go back up on its own.
Should I disconnect the internet via my router then power down my router for a bit? Will this send the necessary electronic info to PN so trigger a rise in the PN profile? Or do I have to post each time I think the PN profile is not catching up with BT's?
KR's
Alex Crazy
PS thanks for your help, appreciate it! Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your PN profile should update itself automatically, there should be no need for rebooting. As I mentioned before it can take up-to 12 hours for our profile to match.
If it hasn't then yes let me know and I'll get that to match up.
Chris