Is it worth it?

jamitch
Grafter

Re: Is it worth it?

Will do
jamitch
Grafter

Right then, didnt get a chance to post stats as soon as i re-synced but here are the results from today:
Down // Up
Data Rate: 3520 // 448
Noise Margin 9.3 // 16
Attenuation 56 // 31.5
Finally got it above 3424 so now hopefully in a few days my profile will go up to 3mb for the line which i guess means the speed on the mybraodbandspeed should be about 2900.
I guess the stats above r still ok, obviously the data rate has gone up  Cool but the noise did change slightly but that should be fine?
Now maybe i might try the ADSL2+ trial, see what happens there  Cheesy
Thanks Mitch
scootie
Grafter

it looks like your snr target has raised up the next step to 9db(raises in 3db steps. 6, 9, 12, 15) this maybe because the dslam is trying to lower the amount of errors on your line as you no longer have interleaving to help on that front.
but as you have got above the sync theshold for a 3000kbps profile on 9db snr target i wouldnt worry to much about having target of 9db
mine runs at 12db target on fastpath and i actualy sync my line at at about 6pm-7pm to try and get the bit loading setup for night time noise levels which cuts the amount of errors. but as iam on a slightly shorter line at 51db atten i can do this and just mange to keep above the 3000kbps theshold sync rate. so for my gaming i trade off 500kbps in speed for a stable fastpath line.
when/ if you find time to read up on how adsl works you will begin to know your phoneline like the back of your hand
itsme
Grafter

DSLAM has been mentioned twice in this thread but my understanding is the WBC/ADSL2+ connects to a MSAN. Or can ADSL2+ run on both?
scootie
Grafter

doesn't make much difference as the systems to stabilise and profile lines is pretty much the same as used on adsl (rubbish  >:()
jamitch
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
when/ if you find time to read up on how adsl works you will begin to know your phoneline like the back of your hand

I hope so  Grin
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Bear in mind that after your IP Profile increases and the Member Centre figure follows suit you will have to disconnect from/reconnect to Plusnet to benefit from that change. Though "restarting your router" is often the way this is put across (which means re-syncing) you don't need to go the whole hog - and risk losing a hard-won profile - if your router provides a disconnect/reconnect button.
If you do need to re-sync I suggest doing this when the noise margin is above 9.3dB, to minimise the risk of it syncing below 3424kbps.
With regard to acronyms - DSLAMs (Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexers) are used for 20CN ADSL/G.DMT services. MSANs (Multi-Service Access Nodes) are used for 21CN ADSL2+ services, but also support ADSL2 and ADSL/G.DMT on 21CN. MSANs also support POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service).
As for signing up for the ADSL2+ trial - I suspect you would be disappointed with the result unless you would benefit from an increased upload speed. Downstream at best you'd probably get no more than 200kbps extra and despite this your IP Profile would most likely be unchanged. Your choice though.
David
scootie
Grafter

i am in the queue to go on adsl2+ now with my 51db atten line.
so i will let you know the results but as spraxyt says there will not be much improvement for are length lines and the only reason iam trying adsl2+ is to try and sync around the same 832kbps upload i have now which iam paying extra for on adsl and if i can get a stable up sync at this speed on adsl2+ i have saved my self £8 a month as things stand.
but download all iam hoping for is for it to stay the same and stable with fast path on
jamitch
Grafter

I think i may wait then until you have tried the trial for a few days asbo to see if you get an improvement, although im not that bothered about the extra little down speed the up speed increase would be nice if the down stayed stable.
Thanks for the info also sprax, ill have to try and remember all these acronyms  Tongue