cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to marry a Speedtouch 110g wireless card and the TG582 ?

Ado16
Grafter

Is it possible to marry a Speedtouch 110g wireless card and the TG582 ?

Just a quickie really.  No great importance.  I'm resurrecting an old laptop which has a the above mentioned wireless card with it.  Whilst it recognises  other modems in the area - the Technicolor modem doesn't appear on the list. Is that the end of the story or can I get them to recognise each other?  The Laptop uses XP by the way.
6 REPLIES 6
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Is it possible to marry a Speedtouch 110g wireless card and the TG582 ?

The wireless ID is probably too long for that old card. Try out shortening it to see if it shows up or not. Also WPA may not be supported, try WEP also. Oh and another thing could be the channel being above 11.
That's RPM to you!!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

The good news is that it does seem to have WPA support http://www.technicolorbroadbandpartner.com/getfile.php?id=960%E2%80%8E

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ado16
Grafter

Thanks folks!
I'm getting a sense of deja-vu now from about seven years ago! The good news is - The two are now connected - even though the Technicolor won't show on the device scan and I cannot access the modem's admin page or - for that matter - the internet.  Stupid thing is, I know what's wrong, but it's been so long I can't remember how I got round this before!  Undecided
Don'tcha just love 'em eh!
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Disabling wireless n in the router helps with some wireless b/g only devices.
Howto here:
http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html#wirelessn
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

he two are now connected - even though the Technicolor won't show on the device scan and I cannot access the modem's admin page or - for that matter - the internet.
Sounds like the laptop is set with a static IP rather than DHCP, and so it dosen' t have an IP in the routers subnet or the correct default gateway.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ado16
Grafter

That sounds plausible.  Perhaps I'll dig out the old  modem and set that up instead! Thanks.