Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it good to talk talk

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Is it good to talk talk

My parents are with Plusnet for broadband, and BT/Talk Talk for the phone. Talk Talk have contacted him, wanting him to move everything to them, give him free broadband, and take over his line for 16.99/month.  I have been trying to get him to move all to Plusnet for a while now, but I have told him tonight, that I have heard that Talk Talk broadband has quite a bad reputation for quality. Can anyone comment. I have told him, he can move all the plusnet, PAYG option1 9.99, and Home phone 9.99.  With his referrals discount, this would come to just over 18quid. Does the home phone automatically come with Line Rental??  Would welcome advice, as I am trying to keep him with Plusnet.
Edit..... Is PlusNet essentials based on Option1??  They only suft, E-Mail, and use SKYPE to talk to my sister in china, I am under the impression that this would be in the titanium on option1 anyway.  So would the essentials package be for them?? Hmmmmmm
Max useage for them over the last 3 months, was 750Mb.
5 REPLIES 5
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Re: Is it good to talk talk

Would he also keep his referral discount if he moves to any other products????
James
Grafter

Hi Penfold,
Essential comes with the following:
Phone: Line rental included, free calls to 01, 02 and 03 calls during the weekends.
Broadband: 1GB peak time usage.  Additional GBs of usage can be pre-paid for £1, or £1.25 in a PAYG fashion.
You get a 25p referral value, the same as on Option 1. You'll also get a 4x referral credit for 6 months if they sign up before October 16th, so it would be £1 a month for the first 6 months.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks James.  I am a bit confused.  They are currently with Plus, on Legacy PAYG. They also get a 1.25 referral discount, for people recommended.  I wondered if they kept that 1.25 discount of they moved to essential or BBYW option1+9.99Home phone. Is SKYPE in  titanium on both?Huh
James
Grafter

Oh, sorry!
They would keep getting their referral bonuses if they changed to Essential.
paulby
Grafter

VoIP (and I assume Skype is included) is in Titanium on both Option 1 and Essential.  See this page.