cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Live, I'm not so sure (Edit : Billing Problem!!!)

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Is it Live, I'm not so sure (Edit : Billing Problem!!!)

Morning all
I referred my Mum to Plusnet and we went through the process on Mothers day. The line was supposed to be active tomorrow after 12pm.
I logged ito her Members Section this morning to find that the line was activated this morning arounf 9am. Now, i have some reservations regarding this information:-
1. The telephone line does not seem to be active yet, according to the Members Section (i though this would have to be done first)
2.According to LogMeIn, her pc is 'Online', however i have the router lying at my house, so i am guessing her Orange Livebox is still connected.
How can Plusnet claim that her broadband is active, when Orange still appear to be providing broadband. I cannot do anything from work so i am merely questioning how this can be.
When i do get to her house (tonight ot tomorrow) to set up her new router and the Broasband isnt active, rest assured i will be back! Angry
19 REPLIES 19
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Is it Live, I'm not so sure?

From what I can tell, everything is active. The Talk control panel will be available from tomorrow (it doesn't activate until we get notification via script which happens overnight). Checking the broadband service on the line shows as Plusnet, however it's entirely possible that they are still connected via Orange as some providers will allow an ongoing session to continue until the router disconnects.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I will just leave her connected until i can get to hers , fingers crossed it all changes over smoothly  Smiley
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

The home phone panel is still inactive. I assumed the phone line would have to be taken over before the broadband became active?? NO?
I am going to set up the new router tonight and could no without any hiccups  Cry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, it looks like I misinterpreted the account when I first looked over it. Taking another look now it shows the BB is active and the phone line is in the process of being transferred (there was an email sent to your Mum about that earlier today).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

am still alittle freaked out about the picture (attached), the router is lying in my car at work  Huh
ldickson

Set up flawlessly, internet is connected.
Thanks guys, lookin forward to the 7MB line that Orange provided although not too bad considering its been online for 2-3 mins!. I have advised to turn off the router once per day (in the morning)
Looking forward to receiving my 25p  Grin
mrmarkus1981
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Although she has paif 5.99 for the first month but apparently there is a further payment of 5.99 scheduled to come out of her bank on 25th March. Surely this is a mistake as she has already paid for the 1st month?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not again PN billing is getting stupid, you could always get the bank to refuse it as per the PN Terms, but then their stupid system will cut you off
ldickson

Can someone please look into this and if it is a mistake can they ensure that NO monkey is taken on the 25th March
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Can SOMEONE look at this issue please, i will not do it through the ticket system as it WILL take too long and the payment will most likely be taken before anyone gets their finger out their behind  Angry
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Is it Live, I'm not so sure (Edit : Billing Problem!!!)

your too late, PN claim they cant stop it, the stupid machine has sent it on its way, threaten to use the DD guarentee
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Correct, even though i posted last night and asked again this morning - no one came to my aid. Whilst actively responding to threads above and below my own ! !
Mand has added a 'free month; to the account which i suppose cancels out the extra payment.
They just couldnt get the WHOLE process right could they? Also the phone line will now not be activated unti 8 Apr, even though we ordered it on Mothers day, i have no idea whats going on there but i fear no one else will either so im keeping quiet!
2 Referralls = 2 Plusnet fails  Embarrassed
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Sorry for the delay in responding here, I was using unread posts and working my way through, but looked at this one when I picked up your PM.
Regarding the phone line, for a standard BB + line transfer we always transfer the BB first and then the phone line (you can't do both at once, and the broadband takes precedence).
This should have been explained though in the emails you were sent.
ldickson

Cant find my post about my mother having NO INTERNET connection, it seems to have dissappeared  Huh
Anyway its happened again, no connection for 1 day and 5 hours. This is the second disconnection thats lasted days last time and i am not sure when it will be back up again. Obviously this ISNT good enough.
Whats the procedure for fault testing if she cant get the internet back up and running, can plusnet do anything?
She was with Orange for 18 months and never had a single problem. this refer a friend malarky is really not worth my while.
mrmarkus1981
problem username is ldickson