cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is fibre available or not ?

JJ55

Is fibre available or not ?

Not a question for myself but for my Mom who is also a plusnet customer. On every site I've checked fibre is available to my Moms property, when I contact providers including Plusnet, we are told it is not available at the property. WHY ?.

Who I need to contact to get fibre to Moms property ?  She is getting between 0.4 to 0.7mbps only , when the national average is 40mbps, she is still on the old copper wire connection phone lines. As of 2025 she is going to be in a mess. We want to get a cctv system installed in the property and the Internet signal isn't strong enough to do it. Who do I contact to get the fibre sorted ? Plusnet or open reach or BT. When we changed over to plusnet first we were told that we could have fibre then the day after we had a call to say fibre wasn't available so we had to stick with  non fibre. Surely something can be done to rectify this ?

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Is fibre available or not ?

@JJ55 Can you post a screenshot of the result from here: BT Broadband , obscuring the phone number, but ensuring the narrative at the bottom is visible?

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

@JJ55

In addition to the above, the Ofcom Mobile and Broadband checker is useful as it advises if there are alternatives to Openreach

See https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/broadband-coverage 

HTH

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@JJ55 

"On every site I've checked"

Can you give some examples of websites that say that fibre is available?

I'm wondering if it is an "AltNet", such as CityFibre that has installed in that area and not Openreach, (as alluded to by Dan_the_Van). Plusnet only use Openreach networks.