cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone manning Customer Services these days?

FIXED
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Is anyone manning Customer Services these days?

Hi @Buggwrit,

Sorry for any confusion caused. We're not able to close any tickets that you have raised yourself via the member centre, however these close automatically after 14 days of inactivity. However, if a ticket is raised from our side we are able to close these at any time.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Buggwrit
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Ok, that makes some kind of sense. Perhaps you could answer another quick question even though it's strictly for fibre broadband:-

I've now agreed an 18-month contract on Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband and have received the Plusnet Hub One. I haven't had any instructions regarding the changeover from ADSL so I'm not sure if I can just set up the new hub or whether I need to wait for my line to be moved from ADSL to fibre.

I have posed this question as a reply to the question that was raised by Customer Services for the changeover but decided to ask here as well in the hope of getting a faster response.

I don't understand the technicalities but there is a BT fibre cabinet just around the corner from my house whereas the exchange is some distance away in another part of the village. Does my line need to be moved from the exchange to the cabinet? Do I need a completely new twisted-pair line? I should be very grateful for any information on what is involved in the changeover.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Fix

@Buggwrit

The Plusnet Hub One is both an ADSL and FTTC capable device so you can switch over to it before the FTTC go live date.

The copper line from your house will be linked from its telephone cabinet to the FTTC cabinet on the go live date. The ADSL will be stopped at the exchange.

There will be no new cables nor any real heavy engineering involved. Just a wire from the street phone cabinet into the FTTC cabinet.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Buggwrit
Rising Star

Thanks, that's all I need to know. Many thanks for your reply.

Buggwrit
Rising Star

As a footnote to this thread, I've just received a reply to the Customer Services question and have been advised NOT to install the new router until told by them. Following the response by SpendLess Time I went ahead and installed it (it's working fine).

I'm now waiting to hear if I have to revert to my old flaky router.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Buggwrit,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The Hub One has the same ADSL connectivity and will use the same login details as your old router, so there's no reason why you would need to revert back to the Technicolor whilst your fibre activates unless you have a particular preference.

Best wishes,

Dave

Buggwrit
Rising Star

Thanks for your response Dave. That's what I would have thought so I was a bit surprised to be told not to install it.

My old Technicolour router has failed and I was having to resort to an even older Thomson router that has a tendency to lose the wireless connection and have to be cycled on and off to recover it so I really didn't want to have to go back to that.

I've sent a reply to the question pointing out that there were no instructions about what to do when I received details of my new deal and letting them know I've already installed it so it will be interesting to see what response I get.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Buggwrit,

Thanks for the quick response.

I think part of this is probably a slight misunderstanding from the agent in question. We recommend that you don't install a router for a NEW service before it goes live as this can cause auth/installation problems etc. There are also older routers that are fibre only so wouldn't work with the ADSL transition.

As we've identified, your router covers both connection types so you'll be good to go both in the interim and when your fibre goes live.

Hope this helps to clarify the situation.

Best wishes,

Dave

Buggwrit
Rising Star

Yes, indeed. Thanks for the explanation. I can leave well alone and I'm happy with that Thumbs_Up.

SpendLessTime
Hero

@Buggwrit

Sometimes the staff do not know their own products or don't read the customer history to make the correct decision. Sad unfortunately.

Buggwrit
Rising Star

No, that's becoming obvious. By the way, my mention of you wasn't meant to imply any criticism so my apologies if that's how it appeared. I was, and remain, grateful for your input. Being able to use the Hub One straight away made life a lot easier so thanks again.

SpendLessTime
Hero

None taken. Getting the business to confirm their advice is incorrect is the best approach.

I won't trust me either Wink

Buggwrit
Rising Star

Just to highlight how disorganised they seem to be I received an email saying that the new hub had been dispatched last Saturday, 4th August so thought, with delivery in 3-5 working days, it would be ok to go out for the day. Came home to find a 'Delivery Failed' card through the door and had to go to my local mail centre to pick it up on Monday.

A week later and I still haven't heard when the line change over is going to happen. If they start billing me for the new service before it's been provided I shall be extremely cross.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from the attachment in a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Buggwrit,

I'm sorry for the poor experience that you've had and that you've not yet been told the date for when your fibre upgrade order will complete. I've checked this for you now - as the date is account specific information I've confirmed this on the ticket here. You won't start being charged for fibre until this order has completed.

I'm sorry that the router arrived earlier than expected and that this has meant that you've missed the delivery and have had to go collect it. We advise 3-5 working days for router delivery to allow plenty of time and to avoid disappointment, however these are sent via First Class Royal Mail so do often arrive sooner than this. Normally, the router should fit through a standard sized letterbox but I appreciate that it won't through some letterboxes, and that some post workers may be reluctant to post them through - I'll pass on feedback regarding your experience here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Buggwrit
Rising Star

Hi EmilyD,

I've read your response on the ticket. Thank you for that.

If you viewed the screenshot I attached you will see that it specifically stated dispatch on 4th August but delivery had been attempted that same day. Even for first-class post that would have been pushing it somewhat Shocked.

Anyway, the various responses to this thread do answer the question I originally posed in the subject line.