cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone looking into my fault?

wilson222
Hooked

Is anyone looking into my fault?

Its been nearly 72hours now since i logged a fault with my broadband and the ticket no. 71393001 said i'd hear back within 24 hours. I've had no response other than the test will take 24 hours to complete, which should have been tuesday at the latest. Is there any progress on this fault? Sad
12 REPLIES 12
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Is anyone looking into my fault?

Hi, sorry for the delay. It is with the correct team and they will come back to you as soon as they can.
walkerie
Grafter

I hope I do not face this issue also, just logged mine.
wilson222
Hooked

Thanks Matt. Has a test actually been carried out yet? My router wont even connect and my 3g signal on my mobile is very hit and miss at home so its not as if i really have an alternative.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The automated testing has been done, it needs an agent to check on this and run a few line checks prior to it being escalated to our suppliers.
wilson222
Hooked

Any idea what the tests show or if its been passed on to your supplier?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It's not detected any fault, one of our faults team will be picking this up and will update your ticket later today.
wilson222
Hooked

hmm I'll have a look tonight when i get home to see if i have a spare router. Didnt think i did, as the last one (a draytek vigor) just decided to randomly start rebooting about 6 months go so i replaced it with the spare Thomson i had at the time. Thats been fine until around 1 or 2 am on Sunday morning when all broadband service dropped. I there anything else I can do at my end to check its not my router?
Oh. PS the phoneline is as clear as a bell when i lift the receiver so the line itself must physically be ok?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It would also be worth trying to change your micro-filter and if you can try connecting to your test socket? This would help rule out any internal extensions and also the faceplate being at fault.
wilson222
Hooked

Hi Chris i've already tested using the test socket on the Sunday just gone. I only have 1 phone point in the house, so theres no interference from any other extensions. BT Openreach also replaced the faceplate around 6 to 12 months ago when there was another fault where I beleive they replaced the main line from the exchange to a new under ground duct at the end of my street, as several houses where off at the same time, i.e. complete line failure. I'll see if i have any spare filters to test. Also the line is normally fast. I think i normally get around 12-14mb sync (although my 3 yr old son has taken to recently turning the router off at random intervals over the past 3 to 4 weeks, we dont even see him doing it, but the switch on the router is definitely in the off position when we discover WiFi is off 😉 ).
The telegraph pole is at the end of my drive with the over head wire going through the branches of a tree. From several feet below the wire looks intack, hence theirs no audible noise on the line through the receiver.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This will be picked up for you today, let me know how you get on.
wilson222
Hooked

Thanks Chris. I received a voice mail from Thomas Bower on Friday while at work. I've managed to get ahold of  a spare filter. It appears the filter had spontaneously expired and hence was the culprit. Broadband now appears to be up and running as normal. Up speed only seems to be 440k though while down is (from memory) 16000 to 18000  ish on the router. I dont have access to the router until this evening to check any other stats.
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

whilst they generally have a good lifespan, filters unfortunately can develop problems without warning which is why we recommend swapping them out in the early stages of the fault finding process. I'm glad to hear that's been sorted all the same though.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team