Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is The Tail Wagging The Dog?

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Is The Tail Wagging The Dog?

I have no idea what is going on with the crazy odd ip's and the strange way things are changing.
Leaving aside all the other things - the tail wagging the dog?
Well it goes like this:-  Connection has been up long enough for a profile of 6000 but eventually it went to 5500.
Now the connection has been up long enough for a profile of 6500 (BT showing 6700 profile for 3-4 days) but its stayed at 5500.
Connection dropped but still high enough for a 6500 profile. Only now when I check BT it shows a 5500 profile which now matches Plusnets. Hence the tail wagging the dog.
What's going on here? Plusnets profile is supposed to rise to match BT's not BT's fall to match Plusnet.
You get odd BT profiles half the time with Plusnet failing to follow suit then the rest of the time the BT profile turns normal by some unknown arbitrary decision and that screws things up further. I wish this would be sorted out as at the moment it's neither Arthur nor Martha.
Even when things are given a push at the Plusnet end it only seems to last a fews hours then the gremlin wakes up again with a new full set of spanners.
It can't be too much to ask that Plusnet follows BT's speed within a reasonable time scale but then again just because the BT one changes so fast now (when you're on the odd ip's) does that really mean that the "delta reports" or whatever get sent to Plusnet as fast or are they still on the standard 3 day plus delay?
2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Is The Tail Wagging The Dog?

HI billnotben,
I've answered your final question final point here. It is very frustrating for us too. As for BT matching our profile, I don't think they know what we have it set at, or see it as relevant so it won't be theirs matching our one, I can safely say that.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Is The Tail Wagging The Dog?

I guessed that that's why what's currently happening makes little sense.
I suppose things will eventually sort themselves out but at the moment BT has a split personality problem.