Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet Down Again?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Is Plusnet Down Again?

Penfold, if this is a Plusnet issue (and I've not seen any indication that it is affecting other ISPs at the moment), then your sync couldn't be affected by it, and it would just be a coincidence that it is happening at the same time.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dolphin

It's working for me now, you will have to literally follow the instructions.
Here's what I did -
Turn off the power to the router for 30 whole minutes.
Make a phone call from and to the phone after the 30 minutes
Turn on the router.
It isn't very scientific but it worked for me straight away.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Quote from: ddigital
Even more a screwed up IP Address now,
212.159.XXX.XX 255.255.255.255 0.0.0.0 212.159.6.10 PPPoA Up
Up and going nowhere.

Plusnet do assign some 212.159. IP addresses to customers on dynamic IP addresses.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: I
It's boarding on embarrassing for PN from bad technical advice on a service status  seen by thousands,to not using a service status line for god know how long, even though we was promised last time it would be used . From last time Kelly described it as outrageous  
Quote from: Kelly
I'll pick that up.   Outragous we aren't using it really Sad

PN you are making yourselves look like a bunch of amateurs, with regards to keeping customers updated, and with correct advice, on this latest problem
Regards
Mike

I totally agree Mike, this really is appalling. I'm also wondering why Luke gave that advice, I would have expected better from him.
There have been very rare incidents where ADSL users have had to reboot, but not Reset
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Regarding the service status line , its impossible to find on the PN website with ease, can anyone find it?, i could not.
On the 18.09.14 Chris Purvey did say he would try and get the number more visibility on the website, clearly this has not happened.
PN can not even manage simple tasks like giving the number more visibility , how about sending customers an email explaining the use of the service status line, and in what circumstances to ring it.
Surely this would be really good information to the customer base, but obviously far to logical and simple for PN to manage
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

Funnily I just went looking for it Mike and couldn't find it anywhere. I tried a bit of googling, still no joy on Plusnet's own site.
Found this http://www.broadbandbanter.co.uk/308609-post7.html where Bob thinks there was a phone announcement but I reckon he meant the main 0800 number - why clog that up unnecessarily with callers when the Service Status Phone Line would do for a lot of callers. Those that needed more help could use the main CSC number.
Anyway I then found http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,131947.html which as you can see, I've posted on.
ddigital

It's back I had to erase my router back to factory settings (TP-Link W8961ND) and set it up from scratch again to find a gateway connection, the IP address before kept changing every few seconds and would not lock or handshake.
Anotherone
Champion

Well, you've been one of the real unlucky one's then. Out of curiosity are you on 20CN or 21CN?
WonderWabbit
Grafter

Bit tail between legs
Found the post advising follow the advice on http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1413046462.htm
and back with full service
]
ddigital

Quote from: Anotherone
Well, you've been one of the real unlucky one's then. Out of curiosity are you on 20CN or 21CN?

21CN
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks, noted.
@WonderWabbit
Stop trolling WonderWabbit. You've just posted on the Fibre board the same repeat of the bad advice that's already been commented on in both threads. Have you not read anything in either thread about not doing the above except as a very last resort?
ddigital

If it's any help I'm also connected to Gateway ag08
Little sluggish will see if it's improved in the morning
Anotherone
Champion

The network is badly out of balance at the moment and some of the bng gateways are only starting to pick up larger numbers of users according to http://www.plus.net/support/displayImage.php?strImageFile=graphs/graph_8829_1.png&refresh=1413066150 but we know that they aren't always accurate as there's a lot of graphing glitches.
Anotherone
Champion

@I.T.Works
Mike, ref. reply #95, there's one obscure reference http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/settings.shtml
purleigh found it for me!
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Thanks for the info Anotherone, Great find purleigh  Smiley , that's like trying to find a needle in a haystack  Cheesy
Regards
Mike