Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet Down Again?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Is Plusnet Down Again?

I would not expect that anyone at Plusnet would know or be readily able to find out the reason why a single customer's connection disconnected at a particular time. Perhaps start your own thread about your dropping connection problem if you feel it is dropping often enough to be a problem.
TORPC
Grafter

It only dropped today,  thus not knowing if it is related or not @this stage
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: ejs
ptn-bng02 has appeared.

I like the average number of users on ptn-bng02 showing on your grab - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=132782.0;attach=53043;image
They seem to have dropped a bit now
http://www.plus.net/support/displayImage.php?strImageFile=graphs/graph_8829_1.png&refresh=1414704484
I also note I hadn't seen any glitches on the graph recently when I looked, until this appeared  Roll_eyes
But then when I wasn't looking ........
avatastic
Grafter

0.94 of a person is someone who has established a CHAP authenticated but not yet requested an IP address.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

And now I've spotted ptw-bng02 on the graph although there doesn't appear to be anyone on it yet. Presumably this was the result of the "Emergency Network Maintenance" on the service status this afternoon.
paulmh5
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That work was a line card swap out  Smiley
Plusnet Staff - Lead Network Design/Delivery Engineer
daro2096
Grafter

My broadband has been down since about 9pm ish. It is back on now but at reduced usage. Pages take ages to open if open at all.
Facebook doesn't work.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Make a note of the gateway you are on (http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway) then try a disconnect/connect via the router interface (not a reboot!).
If it doesn't improve things check if you are still on the same gateway - it might take multiple attempts to get a different one.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@daro2096,
Are you OK now or are problems still happening? I've had a very brief look at your account and everything appears to be in order.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
daro2096
Grafter

Quote from: plusnettony
@daro2096,
Are you OK now or are problems still happening? I've had a very brief look at your account and everything appears to be in order.
Tony

It could be my modem is on its way out. Had to unplug it and plug back in twice in the last week.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Your connection is looking ok on this side. If you have a spare router though, it's worth trying that just to rule it out (or if you could borrow one for a short time from a friend).
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team