bertoc
Dabbler

Re: Is Plusnet Down Again?

Me too.. Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Everyone still having problems reconnecting, try logging into your router. If your Internet/PPP is showing Connected, click Disconnect and leave it for 10 minutes and then try clicking Connect. It that fails, then try the dreaded Restart your Router (NOT reset).
ddigital

Same here takes ages to handshake, then connects all lights stable, router reports a connection but nothing on any machine or device. Wiped my Login from the router and re-entered all the settings, rebooted router over and over and tried connect/disconnect same thing. No real connection.
alanr74
Hooked

Yep, having troubles here. All connected on the router but no internet Sad
bertoc
Dabbler

I've done everything possible to get connected but Still no luck at all
Griffsters
Dabbler

Plus net, Are you REALLY foing to make me watch X-Factor  Angry
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Switch off your router and switch it back on tomorrow morning is perhaps better advice.
The numbers of users on the ag gateways appears to have stopped rising a while ago and has since been fairly constant, so I guess not many more people have been getting onto the ag gateways.
Anotherone
Champion

The other thing to do if you've tried all the options is to phone in, there is probably a stale session that needs killing. If you get some waffle about raise a fault, ask to speak to a manager and tell him you believe the issue is a stale session that needs killing.
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

How come the service status line (0800 917 6714) hasn't been updated yet? Moneysaving Expert moaning about the outage on twitter and service status only being posted online where customers that are offline can't see it...
Edit: Apologies just noticed it's been raised already on a couple of other threads!
wirefish

After following the advice in Plusnet's service update at 17:54 I'm still getting 'Authentication Failed' as it seems are many others. What are the chances of further updates from Plusnet before their next scheduled update at 9am?
I've been using plusnet for less than two months now and this is the third outage (second one that has lasted hours) is this the usual rate of failure?
ddigital

Yep got a duff connection into the void of nothingness..
172.16.20.208 255.255.255.255 0.0.0.0 62.6.38.125
Anotherone
Champion

The Service Status Line wasn't used the last time either, in fact I don't know if it's been used at all lately for anything. BIG MISTAKE Plusnet!
Griffsters
Dabbler

Back up and running for me...just finished re-configuring wireless after the suggested router re-set  didn't work...
Anotherone
Champion

Nobody should have suggested a Reset, a Restart is not a Reset. A Restart can be achieved by a power down waiting several minutes and then power up again if your Modem/Router doesn't have the Interface to do a graceful Disconnect from PPP and then a Reset click.