cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Openreach's constant faffing ruining my broadband connection?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Is Openreach's constant faffing ruining my broadband connection?

If it does turn out to be a CPE problem even after all this effort to mitigate that, I will be monumentally miffed.

And rightly so, we can loan you a test router but the obvious downside there is that it would take a few days to reach you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tstaddon
Rising Star

Thanks for the offer, but I think since I will have three to work with I'm hopeful I can't be THAT unlucky.
The real worry is, that it doesn't turn out to be a problem at the CPE and I'll end up with another week if not more of fault-finding in which case it'll probably drag on for another fortnight while I'm away.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

with another week if not more of fault-finding in which case it'll probably drag on for another fortnight while I'm away.

There's nothing to say that will be the case, I can't make any promises but I'll do my utmost to get this resolved before you go away.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tstaddon
Rising Star

BT Openreach were in the cabinet this morning, faffing about - and doing some work in the new cabinet which I presume is for the FTTC. Interesting to note that the very odd changed ringtone I had yesterday when I rang your support team last night, has miraculously disappeared. Still no DSL connection though.
Oh - and I got another router and two more microfilters, same results - this new one's a pretty decent piece of kit from another friendly IT consultant. We tested the kit out on his line before I borrowed it, so I know 100% that it is in full working order. And, it's supplied with top quality cables (Cisco branded).