cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MAC Key required moving from Sky

MJMadill

Is MAC Key required moving from Sky

I've just completed the order of my Phone & Broadband package with Plusnet and was wondering whether a MAC Key is required moving from an O2/SKY line?
My flatmate is in the process of moving out and is transferring the existing Sky package (which is in his name) across to his new place and thus allowing me to choose my own package. He has confirmed that his package has been activated in his new place, although there is still a broadband connection here (hence why I can post this query)
I requested an activation date of 2nd December as he will have officially moved out on the 30th November.
Now, as I am essentially starting a fresh service rather than actually switching from an existing Sky contract, will I actually need a MAC key since I won't really be 'migrating' from another provider?
Any advice in this respect would be appreciated
Cheers Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
myredhotcar
Grafter

Re: Is MAC Key required moving from Sky

Hello
You won't need a MAC code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_Authorisation_Code
Edit: If you yourself aren't moving you will
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This could be nasty
If the broadband has been moved then it should be OK but there is a possibility that Sky have left a tag on the line then the order may fail
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Looking at your line it is on the BT network, hopefully when the service transfers to the new property the line should get stopped. We can then restart the line and give you a new phone number.
It should take 24 working hours from when we place the order to get your phone line activated. once it's activated and the order is complete we can then place the broadband order which takes a further 5-7 working days to complete.
So no MAC key will be required, I've dropped a ticket on your account to our provisioning team to explain and also get the ball rolling.
MJMadill

Hi there
I am still waiting for an update regarding my broadband package order at Question #77480591
Cheers
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just checked the ticket and can see we're still waiting for the line to be ceased, no sign of that yet but we'll keep checking periodically for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team