cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is FTP traffic being throttled/Incorrectly managed at peak times?

deathtrap
Grafter

Re: Is FTP traffic being throttled/Incorrectly managed at peak times?

I tried neither, but i did try an alternate FTP server  and the results where the same ,maybe worse It's doubtful that two ftp servers would see the same problems at the same times, When my service went live and for some time afterwards upload speeds FTP have never dropped to non-existent speeds, infact  they rarely showed any variation ,using the same servers too, apart from Sundays &Mondays peak times , but even then it wouldn't  drop to 2mbps or less, was always within 10mbps of the max although very erratic , which is the dame symptoms i see when the downstream  throughput gets affected mainly on those 2 days,
I got a gut feeling that something wasn't right as soon as i saw the peak time jitter fest every night , although sometimes throughput escapes issues
But that is showing on tbb graphs for an underlying reason  plusnet  know or should know what that reason is , and they know it's not a normal  thing that should be there, unless they think  less than 2mbps upstream speed is acceptable and normal. ?
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

i wonder if this is related to BT pushing out there CG-NAT as an opt out trial across there network, did they restrict it to there own gateway servers or push it across the entire BT network .... particularly as so many people are noticing problems that weren't there before  there trial started

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
SuperZoom
Grafter

Oookaay... Last two posts far too random for serious troubleshooting.
I'm out, as they say on Dragons Den!    Have fun you two    Roll_eyes
deathtrap
Grafter

@SuperZoom Upload throughput via HTTP  meaning as in speed-tests was virtually un affected,And nothing was using bandwidth on my  network of 1 pc that is using  Ethernet
deathtrap
Grafter

@ nanotm I would doubt that they would be legally able to do that, as it would affect all the BT wholesale isp's  most who supply static IP's by default ,
would equal  a lot of very irate customers ,
i also have a static ip, for what i know about CGN  it don't work with static ip's that as well as it breaking things from a network point of view
But as for that having an effect on plusnet customers traffic ,it shouldn't be doing so, if it is possible for  BT as an isp (bt retail) to affect other isp's traffic  by their CGN trails