Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverness NSIMD Macdhui exchange problems

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Inverness NSIMD Macdhui exchange problems

last hour or more actual speeds are no were near connection speeds currently eg below, plus upload speeds have been crippled on trying to re-sync.  Contention kicking in or is there a MSO happening?
If anyone is looking at my account yes I know theres a lot of lost connections in the last hour it me manually rebooting, its how my router reboots as in not cleanly.  Also currently on the test socket and no phones connected pps no I don't have a spare router to test with.
edit: seeing as its a nightmare to navigate the portal if having crippling speeds, time to rethink the Broadband Trouble shooter to be Dialup friendly, as those are my speeds atm I made a coffee in the time it took to open the first stage 😕
0 Kbps 4000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 368 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1200-4000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3296 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 32 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2907 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 21.34:25.55:53.19 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
17 Kbps

0 Kbps 32 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 17 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 32 Kbps

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
7 REPLIES 7
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Re: Inverness NSIMD Macdhui exchange problems

0 Kbps 4000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2255 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1200-4000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3808 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 3359 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 19.81:25.89:54.34 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
350 Kbps

0 Kbps 448 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 350 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 448 Kbps

And back to normal, this speed issue is happening fair regularly now, as in once or twice a week at no specific times of the day. Waiting an hour or two and it clears, this all started when BT changed the DMT to be quicker, smoke and fire spring to mind.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Something is really mucking up your upstream speed intermittently
Can you try another filter.
I had this problem, although not to that extent, and it turned out that it was cross talk at the exchange.
In my case it happened when the phone rang even if it wasn't connected (I phoned my number using my mobile)
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Same exchange here; no such problems.

I can't show you my latest BT Speedtest, because it's just caused Firefox to crash and burn...  Undecided
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Did any BT work get carried out last night on my exchange? It had a MSO on the 12th but can't see any service announcements about any work carried out that is related to it.
Currently testing a new router which is working out better than my old one with speeds etc.  My router logs show I lost sync from 1.45am till 2.50am, so wondering if its a re-occurrence of an issue I had been having with my old router or it BT did some work they didn't tell you about.  If it was work carried out then ok, if not work then I will have to start the dreaded fault reporting.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

My router hasn't lost synch  for almost three weeks.
ADSL uptime: 20 days, 10:10:49
PPP Session dropped a couple of days ago.
Connection time: 2 days, 19:56:46
No issues with NSIMD here.
ETA: The MSO shown in the Exchange Status Check for the 12th looks like a typo in the list of area codes affected - the HORAM ROAD MSAN 301 : DEGRADED SERVICE showing 01463 in the list of affected area codes is incorrect. The HORAM ROAD exchange is in East Sussex...
Bremmy
Dabbler

No problems with NSIMD here either during that period.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Gus,
Nothing I'm aware of here. Had one at my exchange the other night, went off at 00.34 came back at 01.59. I've a feeling there's time they're doing work which they don't think will affect others, which actually does. Just a theory!
Jojo Smiley