cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interupted internet service several times a day.

Cazlizzy
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Interupted internet service several times a day.

Is there a problem with service in west lancs. Im in skelmersdale and for the past 3 days the internet has been  going down on and off all the time.It can be down anything from half and hour to a couple of hours several times a day.

1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Interupted internet service several times a day.

Hi @Cazlizzy,

I'm sorry that your connection is dropping and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I've tested your line and can see that there are a number of underlying performance errors but, unfortunately, the test hasn't picked up the cause of this:

xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: CBUKXXXXXXXX Service ID: BBEUXXXXXXXXX
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 05-05-2019 13:21:14
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 26.8 48.5
SNR Margin: 6.5 6.1
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 252280 5186527
Speed: 1004 6654

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 6816 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 5452
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 781 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 47
Indicative Line Quality: R Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 24
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

We'll need to do some troubleshooting to try and narrow down the cause of the fault. I'd recommend starting with basic checks here. If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the connection stabilises This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the guide here for instructions on how to connect to the test socket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team