cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet woes

Liammasters

Internet woes

Here's a link to a previous post, on which this topic is related.
Had a BT engineer finally come over 07/08/15 and prepare everything for our connection, which was supposed to go live yesterday (13/08/15), but it isn't. Got hold of web chat support today as it wasn't live, and was told this: "From what I can see, Liam, your order is showing as delayed and not complete. We have two options, either I can pass this through and they would call you after the weekend with an update as it takes 24 working hours to be picked up, or you could call in and get this looked at (or hopefully fixed) today". Obviously I'm not willing to spend more time waiting around.
Am I really going to have to ring up again for a basic service here? I'd rather not have to spend my Friday evening on the phone. Come someone just get this sorted because I'm starting to get a bit fed up with Plusnet now, delays and false promises continuously. I'm extremely behind on my Netflix series now.
9 REPLIES 9
Brandscill
Grafter

Re: Internet woes

I regrettably recommended Liam to Plusnet and it's been an utter shambles.
He's just found out that the line has been connected to the wrong exchange. This happened over a week ago, how is it the Plusnet didn't notice? The customer service provided by Plusnet is shambolic, you were meant to activate the internet this Thursday just gone and didn't, at this point you must have known there was an issue so why didn't you notify him?
Now he has been told he has to wait 1 week so they can rectify the problem and connect the line to the correct exchange. Why does it take 1 week to resolve this? The go live date was weeks ago and now it's another week wait. Surely Plusnet can do something to move this along quicker. Considering there was a £50 install fee to pay I assume this will now be refunded? £50 paid to help fund the complete incompetency at BT Openreach, I don't think so.
I recommended you despite the issues I experienced when signing up, because on the whole it wasn't your fault and you did work to get the issues with BT Openreach resolved, but it's just the same story wherever you go.
BT screw up, Plusnet doesn't do anything about it. Broken call back promises, broken install date promises, lack of communication, useless web chat team who simply tell you to 'call in'. What exactly are people paying for?
Liammasters

Also no ADSL info is showing up anymore...
Liammasters

This is now open as Question #109235409
Thank you for your time on the phone today. I have spoken to our suppliers and our suppliers have advised the order is not progressing. They have advised i cancel the order and resubmit the order. I will arrange for the orders to be resubmitted by the relevant team.
Kind regards,
Back of the queue? Thanks guys. Remind me what I'm paying this £50 for? Been almost 5 weeks now since I paid for this service.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somewhere someones information is old and outdated. I should be connected to a sub exchange, see here: https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/STWHTLY
Your checker says here: http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php?ac=Q37soU9Yze21c96qGK47lc8l1H5vqf57waXbgA%2BNDyh9C%2Fqb9...
More info regarding this and my area:
1. http://whiteleyforum.net/cm/index.php/122-whiteley-news/124-broadband-in-whiteley
2. http://whiteleyforum.net/cm/index.php/122-whiteley-news/278-update-from-bt-on-broadband
3. http://whiteleyforum.net/cm/index.php/news-stories/whiteley-news-articles/122-whiteley-news/265-bt-s...
So this follows onto these questions.
1. How is it BT connected me to the wrong exchange? Who tells them the exchange you need to be connected to?
2. Why when I use your tools does it show me the Locks Heath Exchange and not Whiteley?
3. Why when I use the BT Wholesale ADSL Checker does it say my number is connected to the Whiteley Exchange?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Liam,
Sad to see your saga rolls on.  Whilst I understand your frustrations, it is BT Openreach who decide which exchange a property is connected to.  It will be determined by the exchange capacity and available e-side circuits back to the exchange.
Less than a mile from me, there is a hamlet which is served by 3 exchanges.  It is at the extreme end of all 3 exchanges.  Which exchange a new subscriber is connected to is something of a lottery.  The difference in exchange reported from the different tools could be the difference between a list post code only and a specific address search.
Some post codes are served by more than one exchange, especially where post codes cover a large number of premises.  Another explanation is that (as a consequence of the limited capacities discussed in the links you provided) BTOR has recently changed exchange allocation and that data has not yet been fully distributed to all who use it.
I take it this is the provision of a new line, where previously there was none?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Brandscill
Grafter

Hi Townman
Liam's property is located is right next door to the Whiteley exchange, and a few years ago all the properties in that area were moved from Locks Heath to the Whiteley exchange.
I'm not sure on the exact info around provisioning a new line but it's not a new build and there was a phone line in place already.
Liammasters

Hi Townman
There were other people living in the property about 6 weeks ago now, I've recently moved in as it's a rented property. I would assume they had internet themselves.
Brandscill
Grafter

Just an update..
3 weeks on and still no broadband for Liam! Bravo plusnet
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Liam,
I've just been looking over your account and can see one of my colleagues has been working on this to get you connected up, as of yesterday we can see an ongoing connection so that's certainly looking much better!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Liammasters

Hi Chris
I noticed had solid green lights on my router so gave telephone support a call and got it sorted within 20 minutes, just needed the last configuration on your end. So yes we finally got there!