cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet via ethernet and wifi down. All router lights on and green TG582n

northcountrygir

Internet via ethernet and wifi down. All router lights on and green TG582n

Hi, I'm messaging on behalf of my mum (she's the account holder but I'm in the same household. She's shielding due to health problems). 

Never been impressed with the reliability of her plusnet internet. Wifi frequently goes down, speed slow.  Switching the router off and on again sorts the problem out though. (Old Technicolour TG582n)

The internet went down tonight so I switched the router off and on.  All router lights are on and green, the internet light is flashing green (not sure if it usually flashes or is a solid green light).  When I tried to access wifi on my phone and laptop I was directed to a new broadband set up page which asked for plusnet username and password. I did this.  However still no internet via either wifi or ethernet.  Ethernet connection on desktop has an exclamation mark and lists connection as limited.

I have to host an online tutorial for 100 university students tomorrow afternoon, so need the internet sorted!  I understand the insides of computers but I don't really understand routers etc.  Are there any tests which I can do (I need an idiot guide), I'm suspecting a problem with the router or line? 

1 REPLY 1
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Internet via ethernet and wifi down. All router lights on and green TG582n

Fair enough @northcountrygir 

Other thing to test is if you notice any noise on your landline. That could be affecting your broadband.

Disconnect everything, and try and just have one landline phone plugged into your master socket. That rules out extentions for example being at fault.

Then try a 17070 option 2 quiet line test. I've had to do this before.