cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet status connecting, just wont connect.

adamk8

Internet status connecting, just wont connect.

Hi, I received our router this week and all the lights are green except the red internet light.

I have logged into the router and changed the details to the correct username and password but my connection never gets passed the "connecting" stage, the light just goes back to being red.

I have tried a different router but have had the same result.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam.
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Internet status connecting, just wont connect.

It could be that PN have not correctly activated your service. Your best bet is to either phone them, patience will be required as this can lead to a long wait on the line. Fortunately this is a freephone number. Alternatively try the on line chat service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi @adamk8,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Has this problem been resolved?

Did you receive an email advising you to connect the new router BEFORE you did so?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamk8

Hi, thanks for your message.

This is still not resolved, I'm currently awaiting a call from the fault team RE a call I made on Friday .

I had an email which said my broadband was ready to go so when I received my router, I tried it straight away.

Just wondering if my account has been correctly activated???

Thanks,

adamk8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Adam,

I would not wait...

Is this fibre or ADSL?  You could try resetting the router.  It is also worth checking out the basics...

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.