Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed at 462 kbps...

rowler
Grafter

Internet speed at 462 kbps...

Hi,
I have placed a fault report but not heard anything, which is often the case unless I post on here.  So here goes,;
I went away for the bank holiday weekend and came back yesterday to find my internet speed to be at 462 kbps, whereas normally it will be between 3-4.5meg.  I did speed tests to confirm this, so I rang up customer services who said I had been dropping connection over the weekend so the speed was locked low  for stability and I should do an online ticket, so I did.
Still not heard anything as of yet, and the speed is still diabolical.  I dont know if there was problems with the line dropping over the weekend, but its not an issue I have ever had before!
Please help me get back to a normal asap!  Thanks
Rowler
Here is one of the speed test results.  I did do the BT one as well and have put those results in my ticket.
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Internet speed at 462 kbps...

Hi rowler,
I've just spent some time looking into your account, and forgive me if I ask you to check things you have already checked...
Firstly, the BT diagnostics database is only showing one speed test. You should ideally complete three.
The lowering of the IP profile does appear to be due to multiple disconnections. Have you plugged your router into the test socket to see if it makes a difference to the dropping connections?
You have recently been provisioned on to ADSL2+ but bearing in mind your sync rate has not exceeded 4000 we would not expect to see much, if any improvement, so it may be worth, as a last resort reverting back to ADSL
We have to allow up to 72 hours for the faults team to update the fault and this is still within that timescale, so we can only really start nudging people when it goes over the 72 hours.
Jojo Smiley
rowler
Grafter

Ok well Ive tried doing them again but because of my connection speed they time out and take so long it becomes very frustrating.
I have tried the test socket and back in the filter.  I experience no disconnects really, I have never had a problem, I was just told on the phone that thats the reason my speed is so low at the moment.
I just finished another speed test and here are the results
Download speedachieved during the test was - 182 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-21000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :460 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 16000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 30.56:36.55:32.89 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
As you can see things are getting worse not better by the looks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rowler,
Just had a look at your account and the fault ticket has been updated.
Jojo Smiley