cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping

Lddeare
Hooked

Internet keeps dropping

Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection drop and freeze.

had same issue a few months back

I was asked to connect direct to master socket for tests.

then an engineer was booked
engineers visited here and said line was fine.

line was mostly ok after that.

now issues have reoccurred.

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Internet keeps dropping

@Lddeare Before I offer any advice, are you definitely on ADSL? Which router do you have?

John
Lddeare
Hooked

Yes. It’s a Sagemcom 2704N.

many thanks 

jab1
Legend

@Lddeare Can you post screen shots of: your routers Help Desk page (obscuring personal details) and the results of BTW Performance Tester - please complete the 'Additional Diagnostics'. It would also be a good idea to perform a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070, option 2 from a preferably corded phone - you should hear nothing other than the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message. If there are any other noises on the line - report a PHONE fault first.

John
Lddeare
Hooked

Thanks for your help.

I’ll have to get back to you in a few days.

Dave

jab1
Legend

OK

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Dave, I'm sorry to see your broadband's dropping again. I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing the cause for this, so I've sent you a replacement (and upgraded) router to try to rule out an issue with your existing router. 

If you're still having issues once you've got the router that should be within the next 3 to 5 working days, I'd recommend raising a fault ticket to us Here and in the notes box at the end, please add your availability for another engineer visit.

The available timeslots are 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm. This means we'll be able to arrange an engineer straight away once we've picked the fault up if we need to. Feel free to post back when you've raised the fault or if you need further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lddeare
Hooked

I have received a new router and all seems good so far.

thanks again for your help 👍

Lddeare
Hooked

Hi, after receiving a new router from Plusnet there have been further problems.

The router has dropped out, light going red, green then back to blue, several times over the last week or so.

The speed is now less than tested at 0.47mbps download.

please help?

david 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

thanks a lot for getting back to us @Lddeare and I'm really sorry to see how unstable the line is, particularly after being sent a new and  upgraded Plusnet hub One router. A visual radius clearly shows many disconnections. The next thing we'd suggest here is to raise this matter with our Technical Support team, they'll raise this matter with Openreach and will book in an engineer appointment if needs be. you can do this by heading over to faults.plus.net

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds