cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping

Sfraser1
Hooked

Internet keeps dropping

Hi. Been with plusnet for a good while now (username OurBothy) and up until recently its been pretty darn good.

I changed the supplied router which was failing to a HomeHub which worked really well until it seemed to get fried following a powercut... 1 new router modem later things were looking up with download speeds in the 60s but we are now plagued with random dropouts where we are not connected to the internet. Nothing seems to get it working except time, and this can vary from a few minutes to longer.

Would be grateful for any assistance with this... We do have a very crackly line but engineers are not able to fix this as the cable is too short to make any adjustments, but its always been like that (10 years) and not had problems before...
Wife works from home and I am studying so really could do with a more stable connection.

Thanks in advance
Stuart

Just to say, there seems to be a failure for the dsl to synchronise as thats the symbol that keeps flashing. Did briefly have an internet connection light on but it was orange suggesting no service, but usually its just the dsl light flashing which according to the manual means its trying to synchronise.
Hope that helps shed more light!
1 REPLY 1
Sfraser1
Hooked

Re: Internet keeps dropping

Update..... The orange internet light was a red herring... Id updated my account password but it hadn't hit the router as it was not connected... That problem is solved!