cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping after fault team applies interleaving.

Azagoth
Grafter

Internet keeps dropping after fault team applies interleaving.

I was having problems with DSL dropping, I think due to the SNR dropping to ridiculously low levels.  Anyway, I started a thread about here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119527.0.html and filled in a ticket (76487349).  The faults team, eventually, got back to me and said they'd applied interleaving (whatever the hell that is) to my line.  Now this seems to have stopped the DSL from dropping but now the internet randomly drops and the DSL stays connected.  Plus my upload has dropped from 1000K to 440K and I'm getting severe lag in Guild Wars 2 that's making it unplayable (something I have never experienced once before).  Not to mention that my SNR is still hovering  below 6.0 when before it always usually above.  
\is it a coincidence that all these problems on a line that's been rock steady for years started when that huge storm blew in a week or so back?
This constant dropping is making the internet, a service that I pay you to provide, pretty much unusable.  Oh look, it's just dropped again whilst I was typing this post out.
3 REPLIES 3
Azagoth
Grafter

Re: Internet keeps dropping after fault team applies interleaving.

This is getting bloody ridiculous now.  The internet connection is dropping non-stop, at least twice every ten minutes.  I can't use anything that requires the internet at all, that means I can't use iPlayer, my games, can't use VoIP etc. etc.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The first stage for resolving a dropping connection fault (required by BT) is to try interleaving. Clearly that hasn't resolved the issue so BT will now have to investigate..
Is your fault ticket with yourself awaiting awaiting confirmation of whether interleaving fixes the problem?
David
Azagoth
Grafter

Interleaving seems to have fixed the problem with the DSL dropping out, but now it's just the internet connection that's dropping.  The DSL light stays on.
I've added this information to my ticket at 20:43 yesterday, it says 'Awaiting support team answer'.