cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps cutting out.

mudskipp3r

Internet keeps cutting out.

I need some help, yesterday my internet kept cutting out at random every few minutes, ive also had very low speeds on wifi, but it seemed ok with ethernet cable, it's been happening alot over the past few weeks, i've checked my master socket and dial tone etc, and it all seems fine, could it be the router, i have the basic plusnet zero router, which ive heard is abit [-Censored-] at wifi?

any help from a moderator, ive tried calling plusnet but i keep being put on hold..

4 REPLIES 4
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Internet keeps cutting out.

Hi @mudskipp3r

Thank you for your query, sorry to hear of the problems with your broadband. I can't see that any advisor has accessed your account recently, I'm sorry if you've had problems getting through to our support teams.

Having performed a line test today, I am unable to find a fault that would be causing these issues. However, I can see that there were a lot of drops in the connection from 06.03.2020 through to 08.03.2020, as per the graph below. There were still some drops on Monday but it seems to have stabilised since. Do you have the equipment connected via the test socket (located behind the master socket)?

As I am unable to find a fault, this doesn't mean to say that there isn't one. However, as you have advised that the broadband is fine over a wired connection, it would lead me to believe the issue is wireless interference. Unfortunately, this isn't something that could be fixed from my side. I would advise that you look at changing the wireless channels to try and improve the WiFi, as per our router guides which you can find here.

Please do let us know how you get on!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
mudskipp3r

Thank for replying, i've changed the chanel, and i'll see if it happens again in the future, if it does i'll repost.

thanks.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Thanks for the update @mudskipp3r

It may take some trial and error to find the right channel. But please do let us know if you have any further problems!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
bigjohnuk
Dabbler

Hi

Agree. Finding the channel for Wifi can be challenge as you have so many other things that can effect it. I am using an auto channel type Access Point that works out which is the best channel to use. Since I put this AP in I have never had an issue. 

Look for an Access Point that can give you auto channeling. You can hard wire a Wifi Access Point to your router and disable the wifi on router. 

Hope this helps.