cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet just dropped

KaotiK
Grafter

Internet just dropped

hey so my internet has just dropped. So wondering if theres anything happening to cause this? I've seen a load of by open reach vans nearby have they screwed something up? Would love an ETA of when it will be back up or some info!
8 REPLIES 8
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Internet just dropped

Hello @KaotiK

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to connect to the internet. I've tested your line and I've detected a Dis in Network, which is essentially a line fault.

I've raised this with Openreach, and I've been advised of the estimated response time of by 07/01/17 23:59:59.

Hopefully it's resolved soon.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, it looks like you've been in touch with us to report a line fault.

I hope that gets resolved soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KaotiK
Grafter

What does that mean? I will have no internet until midnight tonight?? It was perfectly fine then just went off. Bit confused.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I replied between Anoush finding a line fault via tests and reporting it and himself replying to this thread.

In other words we've identified a line fault and we've been advised by our suppliers to expect an update before the end of the day tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KaotiK
Grafter

well that sucks! There is literally 6-7 bt openreach vans down the road can see them out my window! They broke something
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Apologies if it appears the issue is caused by that. The fault's been reported to Openreach now with a response time of by the end of tomorrow. I hope it gets fixed soon.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
KaotiK
Grafter

Its back on now, maybe temporarily not sure.. maybe there finally getting round to getting us fibre installed! thanks for your help.

richardg8jvm
Dabbler

Hiya

I can really understand how you feel.

I'm banging my head against a brick wall that  poorly qualified support staff think that resetting will fix all faults, it wont , all it does is allow them to push back doing anything for 10 days in the hope you get fed up and go away.

I've come to the conclusion that if everything is working plusnet is fine, but if something goes wrong you are on your own.

If you can ping plusnet, the point where you log into their system with return times of less than 40ms

and all other external sites are either unobtainable or have ping return times of 100 seconds with 80% packet loss, how can that be my router ???, this has been occurring from about midday for the last 3 weeks, getting really bad in the evenings. ie at high usage periods.

That would suggest the plusnets routers do not have the capacity .

So if your problem is that open reach have broken something the Open reach have broken during scheduled service work, at least they will fix it and its likely it will effect other providers that use the same feed so it will get fixed, whereas Plusnets under capacity problems will only get fixed by less traffic and customers leaving.

Richard