cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet has just stopped

lorna88
Hooked

Internet has just stopped

Hi, just wondering wether I could get any help on here. My Wi-Fi connection and internet has been great alday until around 6pm when the internet has just stopped I've tried everything it's told me too on here but I've had no success. I'm just wondering wether anyone else's is down or if I have a problem somewhere. The lights on my router are lit except internet and Wi-Fi also the broadband light just keeps flashing. Does that mean the router is broke or fine. Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Internet has just stopped

It means you that you have no internet signal to your router.
First step is to see if you have dial tone on your landline. Can you plug in a phone handset, dial 17070 select quiet line test and have a listen.
If there is no dial tone or noise you on the line you need to log a voice fault with Plusnet.
Otherwise, can you follow the instructions in the broadband trouble shooter website.
https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting
I appreciate this may be difficult without a working connection, but if you have a mobile phone with 4G or 3G you should be able to access it that way.
lorna88
Hooked

Thank you so much for your reply. I'll try pick up a phone today to test the line. The internet has come back on this morning around 8:30 but it keeps going on and off so not sure what that means or why it's doing that. Thank you
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Lorna, 

Having looked at the logs for your connection it looks like it's settled down again and has been stable for the past 48+ hours. 

let us know if this does become a problem again though. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lorna88
Hooked

no I still have no internet connection atall the broadband light is flashing but no light for the internet. Thank you for the reply
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Can you plug your router into the test socket as explained below?

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lorna88
Hooked

It's already in the test socket that's the only socket in the house which I use
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like you service was on for a short period time but it's recently dropped.

Is your router still plugged into the test socket?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet