Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet failing

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Internet failing

Thanks for getting back to me, has the connection been stable since yesterday and what are speeds looking like today?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have a Netgear N600 Dual band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router DGND3700v2 which has worked well We have lots connec ted to it around the house As I say the internet stays connected but no Plusnet  In the top corner of phone and pad it shows the fan for internet with a tiny cross near shows a fan with a tiny cross

I am 87 and not really at all computer literate   And a long way from boxes and excrea have left and joined mobile outfits or a radio option (in sightline)

I want to stay to retain my e mail and wired phone

Moderator's Note

Spaces removed to aid readability

stathe
Rising Star

Adam   My speeds are good today at 1.9 down as good as it gets and stable as far as I know 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm glad things are fine so far. Do shout up if any other problems show up though and I'll take another look at this for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
stathe
Rising Star

When I speak of the little fan I refer to the small top right on phone and pad.  The tiny cross is within it when it seems no longer linked to Plusnet but internet still connected Then I switch router off and after a minute or so  on and all is well. The tiny cross has disappeared and my connection restored I dont want you to alter my settings or it will be unacceptably slow  As it is I can do my bank ,e mails , iplayer whats ap and Skype which is all I want

stathe
Rising Star

This is still the case and it says internet connected with the little fan there and a tiny cross by it I just switch poff the rpouter for a minute and then it reconnects  Speeds as normal

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@stathe wrote:

When I speak of the little fan I refer to the small top right on phone and pad.  The tiny cross is within it when it seems no longer linked to Plusnet but internet still connected Then I switch router off and after a minute or so  on and all is well. The tiny cross has disappeared and my connection restored I dont want you to alter my settings or it will be unacceptably slow  As it is I can do my bank ,e mails , iplayer whats ap and Skype which is all I want

I believe what you are describing is a problem with the WiFi connection between your router and your phone and ipad, rather than a problem with the (very slow) broadband connection. I think the assumption by others until now has been that you have a broadband problem caused by the low SNR value (which is necessary to give a usable speed).

Do you have the problems when your phone/pad are in the same room as the router and in line-of-sight? Has the position of the router changed at all (e.g. behind the TV, or in a cupboard)?

stathe
Rising Star

I suspect you are right  I have no problem with the low Noise Margin I will get my sons to alter the positions at the weekend Thank you for a realistic reply

stathe
Rising Star

I remain connected on my desk top but not on stuff around the house Presume this means my roter is the problem ?Huh

stathe
Rising Star

Please dont alter as it is as good as it gets here

stathe
Rising Star

We still have this problem  sometimes, I will ask my sons to try another router when they are next hereb