cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drops connection overnight

Sue6

Internet drops connection overnight

Hi

For a few months now I have had an annoying problem with my ADSL connection via my Plusnet Sagemcom router.  Most nights (but not every night) something happens and I am unable to access the Internet in the morning.  Usually when I check the lights on the router, Power, Broadband and Wifi are all green but the Internet is green but flickering slightly. To rectify the problem I just press the power off button and then switch it on again and everything is fine until the next morning when I have to repeat the process.

Some mornings, on very odd occasions, the Internet light is not lit at all and on other occasions the Internet light is lit and everything is working perfectly fine.  

Is there an easy, quick fix or is this something I've just got to live with?

I have also noticed that Openreach have been out to the telegraph pole that serves seven properties (including mine) on at least three occassions in the last few weeks. Could the problem be with Openreach?

Any information would be most helpful thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Internet drops connection overnight

I have put your connection logs on your account at this link. Most nights, the connection remains stable until you're rebooting your router. It's possible Openreach have touched something, but it's also possible that you're getting some sort of interference causing an issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Sue,

A warm welcome to the forums. You might find it useful to run through some self help checks (Tony does not report running a line test here).

Is the phone line noisy? Dial 17070 option 2 - do it often particularly when you perceive the issue.

Run though the speed issues guide - link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sue6

Thanks for your help.  I have a few things in the same room as my router; wi-fi printer, cordless phone, wi-fi speaker and RF headphones.  I will try switching each off one night at a time to see if I can locate the culprit..

Also, I have just gone through Plusnet Assist and I got the message "IE offline mode removed" .  I'm not sure what it means but could that have been the cause and it is now cured?  I live in hope.

Thanks again - Sue

Sue6

Hi Townman

Many thanks for your help.

I have done a line test and will continue to monitor is as suggested.

I have a number of Wi-Fi and RF items in the same room which I will switch off one at a time each night to see if I can locate the culprit.

I have also gone through Plusnet Assist and I got the message "IE offline mode removed".  I'm not sure what that means but I'm wondering if that could have been the problem and it is now cured.  I live in hope.

Many thanks once again - Sue