cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping and Lagging in Games

Davejr59

Internet dropping and Lagging in Games

So my problem is that atleast 4-5 times a day i have to reset the router and when i do it takes 10-15 mins for the internet to come back on otherwise i have to reset it again. It also seems that after an hour or 2 of gaming on the ps3 my game will badly lag and i cant do anything. ive tried forwarding the ports for mw3 on the ps3 but there are no guides on the internet and i set game mode on but the terrible lag still happens. When it works its great but like i said its every couple of hours and recently it knocks off the whole internet.
If there are any suggestions id be happy to try them .
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Internet dropping and Lagging in Games

Welcome to the PN forums.
Which router do you have and are you connected to it with an ethernet cable or using wireless?
Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
Davejr59

using the tg582n got the fibreoptic about a month or so ago and using ethernet cable but its plugged into a switch in my room as router is downstairs
vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

For advanced options of the TG582 try - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-faqs.shtml#advanced
It might be worth resetting the router to defaults and see how it goes from there.
Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
Davejr59

Thanks for the link but now my internet is down and has been down for over an hour this is ridiculous im having to type this on my phone ive rest the router but to no avail. Guess il have to ring them up tomorrow.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
After reading about your issues my first instinct is that your router may be faulty.
Before we go any further I'd like to ask you to set up something to start logging information from the router so we can help identify the cause. If this still happening 4 or 5 times we should be able to ascertain this quite quickly.
To do this you'd need to install <a href="http://www.putty.org/">PuTTY</a>
When prompted enter the router's gateway for the IP (192.168.1.254) set the connection type to TELNET then under logging (on the left hand menu) choose a directory destination to store the logs.
If you could do this for us for a day or two and get the logs through to us that would be a big help and could help prove/disprove the router as a possible cause of the fault quite quickly.
Obviously we understand your main concern here is getting this issue resolved no matter what the cause but we will often recommend ruling out any hardware in the customer's domain at an early stage before looking at other factors. Going forward if the router isn't the issue we'll obviously continue ruling out other factors towards getting this fixed as soon as possible for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team