cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down since early hours of Saturday

FIXED
james92

Internet down since early hours of Saturday

Good morning, my internet has been down since the early hours of saturday morning, I'm currently using my mobile hotspot to access internet on my computer, the internet light is off on the router and the broadband light flashes.

I spent a good amount of yesterday trying recommended fixes, turning router off and on, checking the leads, factory reset etc. I've logged onto the router address and tried connecting that way, the internet status says "DSL Down" and has done since last night. Due to the wind we had the other night, the only other thing I can think of is that something external was damaged preventing me connecting to the internet.

Attached the helpdesk information found in the router but I'm at a loss at this point.

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Internet down since early hours of Saturday

@james92 welcome to the forum.

The helpdesk information would suggest a line fault, you report having a DSL down message.

Are you able to check for a dial tone on your phone? If it is missing then you need to report a phone fault here 

If you have a dial tone raise a broadband fault https://faults.plus.net 

Dan

AlanP1

Same here (Hereford area). The "Diagnostics Bot" says it will be fixed by 15:35 yesterday. Can't get any update on progress, just the same message over and over. Lousy service.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @AlanP1,

I'm sorry to hear that you were having issues getting an update yesterday. I've had a look at the account and I can see that the connection should now be back up and running. Is this the case from your end of things now?

Hi @james92,

I'm also sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with the connection. I've had a look into this today and I can see that it's currently with our suppliers for further investigation. Diagnostic testing is being run currently and our suppliers will provide an update some time in the next 48 hours, after which time our Faults Team will be in touch to discuss the case further. If there are any issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to pick this up for review Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
james92

Apologies for late reply,

but wanted to say it was due to a damaged cable outside caused by that weekends storm. I was called sunday and someone from openreach came on monday and the connection was fixed.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for getting back to us @james92 and I'm glad to hear the connection's been fixed. Please let us know if there are any issues over the coming days and we'll be more than happy to take a look into these with you, though hopefully that won't be the case Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team