5 REPLIES 5
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Internet down for several hours

Hi @Dudgers,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry you're unable to get online, I appreciate the efforts you have taken so far.

There's no issue in your area as far as I'm aware, however on checking your connection here I can see there's a router authentication issue. Please can you call us our Technical Support Team to clarify your login details and get this resolved, they're available on 0800 432 0200 between 07:30 to 22:00 daily.

Please note that call volumes to our support teams are frequently high, so you may experience wait times longer than usual although there's no wait for Technical Support at the moment.

Thanks - LF

Dudgers
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Thanks for your reply.

Called them and was told to turn the router off for an hour ( no I'm not joking)

Can you explain what turning the router off for an hour achieves please.

Thanks
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Dudgers,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies if the advice seems illogical, it may apply where there is a 'stale session' i.e you have had a consistent service for a very long period of time and then you find you can't log on as your router shows an authentication issue but there's no relevant information here to indicate so. The procedure you were asked to follow is the same as if you placed a small pin into the reset at the back of the router and held it down for a few minutes. You might have been advised to do this if the pin method didn't seem to be working.

Either way, a factory reset will set the username to setup@plusdsl.net for a short while before the auto-setup kicks in to show the correct username and the right password.

You can also access yourself the router and enter the logon details as follows:

- Open a browser

- Enter 192.168.1.254 into the address bar

-  On the router's home screen, select 'Settings'

-  Enter the password. This is the 'Admin Password for Hub Manager' on the removable card on the rear of the router or printed on the base of the router

- Within the 'Settings' menu, select the 'Broadband' tab or 'Enter your broadband username and password'

-  On the following page, you must enter the broadband username and password (There is a 'show characters option on this page if you are struggling with entering the password)

-  Click the 'Connect' button. The power light should turn blue to indicate that there is an internet connection, this should be instantaneous

I hope this helps, do come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thanks - LF

Dudgers
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Fix
For anyone with the same issue

The router had changed itself to my old login details....changed them back and all works fine now..
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Dudgers,

I'm glad to hear it's all resolved.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF