cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down and no support from Plusnet

MrGanteng
Dabbler

Re: Internet down and no support from Plusnet

The broadband works fine during the evening, it's during the day that's the problem. 

The speed was very temperamental today, between 13:00 - 16:30. It wasn't great at all working from home so i will get myself in the office again tomorrow. 

Can i please have someone from Plusnet contact me with a figure of how much it would cost me to cancel my contract with plusnet?

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hey up @MrGanteng

I've sent you an email about your contract, I am sorry that you are thinking about cancelling. If this is an issue that happens during the day, then please run a wired speed test and attach it here during the day and one of us will look into it for you. However looking at what you've advised on this post so far, you're getting above your minimum speed guarantee even on the wireless connection tests. We do want to support you however we are unable to do so when there is no evidence of an issue on the line nor wired speed tests provided. 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
MrGanteng
Dabbler

Hi Tinytaco,

I have a library full of screenshots of speed-tests I've run which have displayed download speeds of less than 0.5 mbps.

I will work from home tomorrow and will contact you directly when my speed is down. What's the best way to reach you so that you can run some tests before it magically starts up again? 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @MrGangteng,

Thank you for your reply. Please get back in touch via this thread when the speed is down and we will pick this back up and run some tests.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MrGanteng
Dabbler

Typical... It works perfectly when it knows there's gonna be eyes on it. I shall send over a screenshot when it drops, maybe tomorrow, who knows.

MrGanteng
Dabbler

It's currently down... been kicked off my work meeting. 

I'll be at home for the next 20 mins but i do need to get back into the office in order to have WiFi. 

Please run tests ASAP.

02-12-10am.png

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there,

I can confirm we can see the drop, but one drop in your connection after 36 hours of a stable connection isn't a reason to raise a fault at this moment. Your speeds are running above your line minimum, which is 1.2mbps, see below.

xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID:   Service ID:  
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 02-12-2020 11:03:12
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: Unknown Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 16.1 29.0
SNR Margin: 5.5 6.2
Errored Seconds: 4 4
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 403964 200381
Speed: 944 17016

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
MrGanteng
Dabbler

I've connected with an ethernet cable and ran another test...

screenshot-nimbus-capture-2020.12.02-11_01_15.png

MrGanteng
Dabbler

I completely agree that one drop in 36hrs isn't too bad but this issue has been ongoing for the past 10 weeks!

It means I'm unable to work from home and have to go into the office during a world pandemic (i'm the only one going in out of 500 employees)

Why does this drop keep happening? And would a fibre optic line solve this issue?  

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I'm sorry for the difficulties getting in touch with us and for the connection problems you've mentioned. 

A change over to fibre might help but it all depends on the cause of these issues, if for example it's a fault with the copper line that would still be in place and would carry over so I feel it would be best for us to focus on getting this fixed with you before considering that. 

I've tested your line and we're not seeing signs of any obvious issues. 

Please try following the checks here as your next step: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

If they don't help to resolve the issue it would then be best to report a fault at http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MrGanteng
Dabbler

It feels like we're back to square one here. 

I've been through the tips mentioned on  https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ numerous times. 

I've reported a fault, had BT engineers around (no fault found). 

Surely if no fault was found then my broadband shouldn't be dropping as much as it has been doing. 

I'm really losing hope now and might even move accommodation. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to see that, as it's still dropping. 

Given the investigation that's already taken place I think it would be best to rule out the hardware as a potential cause of the fault. 

I've shipped out a replacement router (a Plusnet Hub One) it should reach you within the next 3 working days so please let us know if that leads to any improvement for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team