cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnects when phone is lifted

MrRight

Internet disconnects when phone is lifted

First question is unrelated to topic. Is the Technicolor TG582N the only router Plusnet has? It's just that despite living in a tiny house with paper thin walls, venture more than 5 meters from the router and the connection will drop.
On the topic at hand though, this never happened when I was with TalkTalk, Sky or Virgin through the past few years, so why is it happening here?
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Internet disconnects when phone is lifted

The TG582n is the only router which Plusnet supply. Some users report wireless range problems with it but others, including myself, find it works well even into a different flat in my case.
If picking up your phone causes your broadband connection to drop you need to check for a faulty microfilter. Additional guidance can be found in the ADSL Connection Troubleshooting Guide.
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Internet disconnects when phone is lifted

Hi @MrRight
Whilst the issue you've mentioned can be caused by a fault at the exchange, it's far more likely to be an issue with one (or more) of your filters.
I've also run a line test which doesn't highlight any faults so I'd try changing the filters first.
Let us know how you get on.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team