cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet data transfer very slow

peterswingler28

Internet data transfer very slow

When I hit Google it comes up quickly; however, when I try to download other sites e.g. BBC News it takes an age, sometimes  to the extent I give up trying. It's like being back on dial up. My router is a 2704N PlusNet and during the attempted site download the green light flashes constantly. E mails are fine; my PC is fine too.  Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
cedlor
Grafter

Re: Internet data transfer very slow

Welcome to the forum - you will need to provide some more information for anyone to be able to make any suggestions
When did the problem start? Is it the same all the time or better at some time in the day? are you using wifi or a cable connection?  Is you Browser up to date?  Nothing running in the background updates or anything.
Have you read the Stickies at the top of the forum.  Can you do the tests and also provide the stats from you router http://192.168.1.254/statsadsl.html ;
Which exchange are you on.
peterswingler28

thanks for getting back so quickly. I transferred from TalkTalk to PlusNet in May and everything has been fine until about 5 days ago. The problem is constant throughout the day; there is nothing happening in the background; PC is cleansed regularly using AVG tools. It's a cable connection. I've run a BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test and these are the results which are meaningless to me: Download speed (Mbps) 0.38; Upload speed (Mbps) 0.35; Ping Latency  (ms) 48.75. My
cedlor
Grafter

Hi - did you not finish what you were going to say ?
The BTW basic result is bad but without the other information doesnt mean much. Also one test cannot be relied on as being corrrect.