cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection lost

xjenbox

Internet connection lost

So for a few weeks niw, my internet connection has been so slow or disappeared. The last 2 days though, it's totally disappeared. There is a red light on router. I have disconnected it, switched it off, changed filters etc but still nothing! Any suggestions on what to do? It's very frustrating!
4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Internet connection lost

@xjenbox wrote:
So for a few weeks niw, my internet connection has been so slow or disappeared. The last 2 days though, it's totally disappeared. There is a red light on router. I have disconnected it, switched it off, changed filters etc but still nothing! Any suggestions on what to do? It's very frustrating!

Hello there. Your router appears to be trying to connect using an incorrect password, if you do a factory reset of your router you should be able to bring your connection back.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

...only after he's re entered his PN connection details correctly, and has documents to remind of the default router log in details, assuming not a PN Hub One! (Not all routers show default log in name & p/word on the outside of unit, but in the instructions). Smiley

Or it could have been caused by BREXIT vote perhaps Smiley Smiley Smiley

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Gel wrote:

...only after he's re entered his PN connection details correctly, and has documents to remind of the default router log in details,

A factory reset avoids the need for this generally as it requests the details back via TR069 again during the setup process.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.