cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection keeps dropping out

barishan

Internet connection keeps dropping out

Hello,

My internet connection keeps dropping out. It has been happening randomly, but three times in the last two hours is a new record. Interestingly, I called the customer service and found out that they do not work at this time of the day. I am surprised that an internet provider company's customer service does not work 7/24. This means that if people like me who have to work in the night lose internet connection, they will lose very valuable time until the next day. Any solution/suggestion please?   

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Internet connection keeps dropping out

Yes, pay a bit more and get a business account if you are reliant on the internet for work.

In the mean time, is your phone working, have you reported a fault - faults@plus.net ?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Internet connection keeps dropping out

Good morning @barishan

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Broadband service. Testing on the line has uncovered a possible joint issue, though a KBD states that this might be centred around the customer premise. Going forward, please have a read through our Troubleshooting Guide to see if you're able to resolve this internally.

When testing, if you can, remove the faceplate from your master socket, and connect your router directly into the test socket which lies behind it. Please also avoid using any extension cables / sockets in the property.

Failing that, please head over to faults.plus.net and raise this issue with our Technical Support Team.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds