cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection issues

Tomvirgin
Hooked

Internet connection issues

Hi guys, anyone shed any light on this connection status?

Got no internet connection tried the usual troubleshooting tips with no success just wondering if it's a service issue?

image.png

12 REPLIES 12
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Internet connection issues

The internet status looks odd - all of the possible options are being displayed.  One wonders if the router has lost its marbles.

I presume you have a clear dial tone?

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Have you done a factory reset on the router?

Do you have another router you can try?

If your internet is down ... how did you post the screen shot here?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Tomvirgin
Hooked

Screenshot was posted by 3G on my phone

I don't have another router can try, or a corded phone however the phone works fine for calls in/out
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Did you do the QLT? Is the phone silent?  Working is something else.

Have you tried a different filter?

Have you tried direct into the master socket?

Have you factory reset the router?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Tomvirgin wrote:
Screenshot was posted by 3G on my phone

I don't have another router can try, or a corded phone however the phone works fine for calls in/out

Not doubting what you say @Tomvirgin - but that screenshot shows you connected to wifi - note the 'volcano' at the side of the 'EE' symbol.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

he'd need to be connected to wifi to get the screen shot, then turn wifi off to get EE data signal to post the image. Roll_eyes
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@jab1 wifi can work even though there is no internet connection. I can stream quite happily over wifi from my NAS to my PC or tablet without an internet connection.
Tomvirgin
Hooked

As above mate, have to be connected to wifi to see the router status doesn't mean I have internet connection though
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Please reply to post 4.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Browni @Tomvirgin - OK, was just a thought - no offence meant or taken.Smiley

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

John,

No offence seen!  It is only right that everything posted is confirmed to be what is reputes to be.  All too often in the past, I have gone up the wrong path by presuming clarity of something posted! Wink

Tomvirgin
Hooked

Right, I've had another play tonight, tried the QLT and that's fine, tried another filter and also tried with new and old filter in the master socket with no change..

ive done a reset using the button on the back of the router with no change, will login and reset to factory settings when I remember the bloody password for the router. Current status says connecting but still no internet light or connection.

broadband light on the router and wifi light are both solid green btw.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@crt - is there any evidence of connection attempts on this users account please?