cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection is dropping all the time

AMK

Internet connection is dropping all the time

My internet connection is dropping constantly. I have tried all suggestions published in this forum - turning ruter off for 15min, changing DNS filter ect but problem remains.

Internet light on the ruter is constantly flashing.

I run a speed test and my download is 10mbps but upload is .1 mbps at best.

Anyone experienced the same? Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
AMK

Re: Internet connection is dropping all the time

I managed to contact PlusNet support and reset router as suggested. Nothing has changed.

My upload speed jumps now between 1 and 11 mps and download is still non existent.

I also noticed that my WAN IP address keeps changing.

Anyone could suggest other steps? 

EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hi @AMK,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having a problem with our service. As my response contains account sensitive information this is not something I can provide over this platform. I have created a support question on your account with the answer and you are able to respond to this. You can view this on the following link. https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=200839244

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team
wotsup
Seasoned Champion

We have 'fibre to exchange ' - but exchange is only about 0.5 miles away.

Our speed has steadily dropped since I joined Plusnet 18 months ago,  was over 70 down and 17 up,  now scraping 10 down and 0.3 up.... a fortnight ago it was about 20 down and 0.3 up.

They asked me if I wanted to renew contract for 18 months so I rang the 'sales' number in the email I received and after hearing story bloke put me through to technical,  they did test and came up with 40 down and 0.3 up - I have not seen that download speed for 12 months.... Have done all the tests before registering a fault,  router into master socket,  nothing else connected and ethernet straight to PC, BT wholesale speed test etc. and no improvement ... the tech lady knew I had a fault logged but because I still have some internet I guess I will not be at front of queue for a fix.

I could understand if speeds had dropped since the virus lockdown started because of all the kids off school playing games with their mates over internet and people working from home,  but it has been an almost linear drop over 18 months.  I have gone from being one of the fastest speeds in our area and I am now officially almost slowest connection in our area - my upload is 97% slower that average for our area and download is 91% slower than average....

EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hi @wotsup,

Thank you for your time on the call today.

As per our conversation I will call you again next week however I have updated the support question on your member centre.  You can view this on the following link.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=200713060

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team
wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@EdWeasley 

After a visit from Openreach engineer today speed is back up to over 60Mb down and over 15 up.... happy days

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@EdWeasley 

As I said above,  the BT engineer was here yesterday and my speeds are now very good.

But today an email from plusnet popped into my inbox saying that because I did not do all the

steps required on the testing when I reported the fault on April 9th that I cannot now cancel contract

without penalty,  the ironic thing is my contract ends in a few weeks anyway,  and I tried to send an email

back to Plusnet but apparently the address is unmonitored.... now that email I tried to send back had

a PDF attached with screen dumps I took of the screens on the plusnet fault reporting site - including

the results of BT Wholesale Speed test - and it is plain to see that the BT test came back with same sort of

speeds that I had reported ----

My speeds are back to normal now,  but the email was a bit of a slap in the face as yesterday I went to fault

site and clicked 'query is now closed' option....   How can I be confident that if I renew contract in May that

my speeds won't begin the same downward spiral as they have over last 18 months ?   The BT engineer

said he didn't really find a fault but that Plusnet seemed to have increased the speeds at exchange !!!

I don't know what to make of that remark...