cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection dropping

ranturniphead

Internet connection dropping

Hi! I have been experiencing frequent internet disconnections since this morning. The disconnections typically last 2 to 3 minutes before reconnecting, It has been dropping off more frequently in the past few hours - usually every 10 to 20 minutes.

I'm not sure if this information helps but there has been thunderstorms yesterday in my area. Is there any way to check for faults in my line?

3 REPLIES 3
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Internet connection dropping

Hi @tanturniphead, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've been having connection issues as of recent. I can confirm when looking over your connection from this side and shown by the graph below I can see there has been a large number of drops occurring which certainly hints something is out of place somewhere.

Our testing on both the connection and line however isn't picking up any underlying faults or issues behind the drops we've seen and when looking I can only see a large amount of errors occurring from time to time which hint something keeps flaring up potentially behind the drops. We'd recommend then, firstly to run through a few internal checks your side that will rule a few things out that could be behind this.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Let us know if the drops look to persist as if so then we'll look to get a fault raised on ours suppliers side to investigate further.

ranturniphead

Hi BD - thanks for the prompt response.

I've tried the basic checks in the link you've posted except for checking the dial tone (as I don't have a phone). I have also tried using the test socket. However, the drops have still been persisting through the day.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @ranturniphead

I'm sorry to see you're still having issues with your connection. 

Could you raise a fault to us at faults.plus.net and in the notes box at the end, please add your availability for an engineer visit. The available timeslots are weekdays (and occasionally Saturday's) 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm.

This means we'll be able to arrange an engineer straight away. Once you've raised the fault, feel free to post back and we'll make sure that's picked up and the appointment booked as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet