cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection dropping out.

dorianhawkmoon

Internet connection dropping out.

Hi,

Every so often the internet will cut out for a couple of minutes.  This is accompanied by the router internet light going off.

This isn't happening regularly, it seems pretty random.  It is happening at least 3-4 times a day though, hard to say as sometimes I don't notice it.

Any help would be great!

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Internet connection dropping out.

Thanks for your post @dorianhawkmoon and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you're having a lot of issues with your connection.

I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing the cause for this so we'd need to go through a bit of troubleshooting before we potentially book an engineer visit to investigate further.

Is your router plugged into your master telephone socket with no extension cabling between the router and the socket? If that's the case, I'd like to send you a new and upgraded router. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dorianhawkmoon

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for getting back to me.  The router goes through a filter and then into the master socket, there's no extension.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @dorianhawkmoon

I've arranged to send you a new router now you should receive within the next 3 to 5 working days.

If you're still having issues once you've got it, I'd recommend raising a fault ticket to us at faults.plus.net

Feel free to post back with how it goes though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet