cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection dropping out. Take 2

dorianhawkmoon

Internet connection dropping out. Take 2

Hello,

I seem to be having the same problem I was having last year with the internet dropping out for ~5mins at a time randomly.

It then comes back on, again randomly.

The system hasn't changed at all since the last time(Internet connection dropping out. ‎09-08-2021 7:39 AM) Other than a new router that seemed to solve the problem then.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Internet connection dropping out. Take 2

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Internet connection dropping out. Take 2

Hi @dorianhawkmoon,

I'm sorry that your connection is dropping again, I've just had a look into this for you and tests aren't showing signs of any obvious causes for it, can you give the checks shown here a try next please? https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

Do let us know how you get on so I can follow things up with you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team